Chapter Ten-Updated

CHAPTER TEN

His messy black hair was the first thing Ella saw, she knew something was up; probably his father, and in an instant she felt his pain.

She moved towards him in slow and noiseless steps but that didn't stop the pigeons from being frightened and taking to the air.

She saw a little girl talking to him and then she gave him a stem of lily, he ruffled her hair and she ran off.

It was when he stood up to go that he saw her right in front of him. He didn't need to wonder how she got there without him realizing, she was Ella after all and she was always sneaking up on him when they were younger.

They didn't say a word and their gazes wouldn't leave each other's. he moved so fast that Ella was taken aback when he pulled her in an embrace, her eyes widened and her mouth fell open then shut back again; this was so unlike the Jason she knew.

No matter how hard he tried to avoid her, she was there; the only person who didn't judge him for who he is, the only person who's seen him at his weakest.

Jason pulled back only to cup her face, his gaze lowered to her half-parted lips before he dipped his head but instead of capturing her mouth as she had anticipated, he brushed his lips against her cheek. ''Thank you Ella.'' He said and then he was gone.

''You may retire Jonathan.'' Dylan dismissed his P.A slash chauffeur noncommittally seeing as he was seconds away from lashing out.

Jonathan knew better than to argue or try to make his own suggestions.

As soon as the door clicked shut Dylan reached for the photo across his desk and without sparing it another glance balled the paper in his hand, the action coupled with his anger popped veins across his biceps and neck, his eyes flashing with icy rage.

It was time to set his plan in motion.

It was now or never.

Jason ran agitated fingers through his sleek black hair cussing himself. It took everything in him to walk away when he did. He had panicked as his feelings had become too much to bear.

So why are you holding back? A tiny voice in his head demanded. Yes, why was he holding back?

Maybe it's because everything he touched always seemed to get ruined one way or another and Ella's too precious to him.

He sighed heavily, his heart aching at his misfortune.

What if he took the risk? He thought. What could possibly go wrong?

Jason stood in front of the canvas mounted on the easel staring back at him blankly, like how his life was at the moment; dark, empty and lonely. This little studio had always been his refuge, his haven, a place where he was always himself, where he felt alive, where his life made sense where he could pour out his burdened heart...

These four walls held it all, and it never criticized him.

He grabbed four different buckets of paint and a brush–it's been so long since he felt the thrill that came with holding a paint brush–Ella was and had been his inspiration whether he liked to admit it or not.

He smeared the canvas with precise, accurate and delicate strokes, his hand moving with a flourish as he put down what was inside of him.

i hope you like it! drop me a comment or vote if you like it! i really want to know what you guys think of the story.

ps if you're impatient for updates you can read my other story LOVE ME AGAIN it's completed.

ciao!