As I was running, it dawned on me.

EX was never keen with healing magic. He's never learned it.

Sprinting faster than ever before, I knelt down near him and rolled him onto his back. I sifted through my inventory, looking through the mess for any healing supplies.

"Ezra. Ezra... you are not going to die on me," I said. "Cone on, you've hacked before, fix yourself."

"Not as easy as it sounds," EX breathed without opening his eyes. I jumped, stopping a startled scream that gathered in the back of my throat.

I worked on the wounds, trying to heal them as quickly as I could. There wasn't just the fatal one, but the other cuts and bruises from the past few hours.

He was quickly losing blood.

I worked faster, using a mixture of healing potions and magic. My hands started to shake uncontrollably. I slapped them, muttering a quiet, 'stop it.' It didn't help that much.

As I tried to heal him, EX's eyes followed me, looking straight into mine. He dever broke eye contact as I worked to heal him.

"Yes?" I asked, not making eye contact. He grunted and winced in pain. I released a shaky breath and shook my head.

"I... I like your eyes." Unlike the first time where he spoke so confidently, he said this in the weakest voice I've ever heard him speak. I paled, the thoughts I wished weren't true... were coming true.

He was dying quicker than I expected.

"Uh, thank you?" I say, repeating what I said the first time we met. I suddenly glared at him, tears forming. "You're not dying."

"Well, I mean-"

"No. After all the fights, the injuries, the laughs and the reveal, you can't just die. That's rude."

"It was with Watcher magic, I'm going to die Xelqua," He said. Quinn was finally able to rush/stagger towards us, kneeling down and waving his hands over the wound. He was still in a bad shape, exhausted and beat up.

I gave him space, scooting backwards and away from all the blood. My hands and knees were stained with a lot of blood as it had pooled underneath him. EX's blood had dripped down my arms. There was so much my entire hand was red.

EX's hand, which was previously trying to push Quinn away, fell limp besides him.

My heart crawled into my throat, fear freezing my body. I refuse to believe he died.

A breeze of cold air rushed past my ear. I snapped my head back, looking over my shoulder.

Nothing was there. It was just plains, grass, and a few trees here and there.

Oh. OH.

My heart furiously beated in my chest, pounding against my rib cage.

"Quinn," I said in an urgent voice.

"... Yes?" He was distracted by trying to save EX's life.

"Knock me into spectator mode. Please," I added, hands shaking uncontrollably. He waved me closer. I dragged myself back towards him as quickly as I could.

The only reason EX would accidentally be in spectator mode is if he didn't have enough energy to stay awake, he was dying when he wasn't supposed to, or a combination of both.

Quinn hit me in the chest with the heel of his palm, a golden light sparking at the point of contact. It only hurt for a moment. The color of my vision darkened. The brightest lights were auras surrounding those who could physically have one.

My physical body crumbled to the floor, limp. Thankfully, I had closed my eyes.

"What did you do to him?" Mumbo cried out. Iskall and Doc had to hold him back. I didn't hear or see what happened after.

"X-Xelqua?" I snapped my head towards the voice. EX was floating slightly above the ground. He was hugging himself, but not low enough to hide the wound. It was just as disgusting as it was in survival, but no blood dripped. The ripped skin was grotesque and disturbing to look at. I looked up to his face, meeting his silver eyes.

"Ezra, you- no, you can't die, you're not dying," I said, waving my hands as I spoke.

"It's going to be fine," he tried. I furiously shook my head.

"It's not the right time for you!"

"How on Earth would you know?" He threw his arms into the air with a grimmance afterwards.

"I saw Lynnthuic's magic fade from his body! He's dead! You have magic swirling all around you, and it's not from Quinn!" EX sighed, looking away. I did too, as my chest ached with guilt that I had pushed down earlier. Lynnthuic was still a player.

"Xelqua, I'm tired... it doesn't matter," Ezra murmured.

"You know Xisuma would cry," I said.

"He wouldn't." He crossed his arms.

"Yes he would."

"No, he wouldn't."

"Stop. Being. So. Stubborn." EX squeezed his fists together.

"Stop trying to guilt trip me!"

"But you know it's true." He stayed silent. I tried to float towards him, only managing to get a few blocks closer.

"Please. Go back and actually live. Quinn is trying his hardest to keep you alive," I insisted. He stared at the ground for a moment, before wordlessly disappearing from my view. How he already knew what to do in this situation is beyond me.

EX snapped his eyes open, groaning in pain. He tilted his head over to the general area of where we previously were, pitifully glaring.

"You better be right about this, Xel," he muttered. He closed his eyes again, falling unconscious due to the overwhelming pain. Quinn paused for a moment, before continuing his work.

I closed my eyes, not knowing what to do except connect with my physical body again. I jolted uprights with a gasp, almost whacking Iskall in that face. Apparently they had moved me away from Quinn and EX.

"Grian, what was that?" I barely heard Iskall ask as I staggered and picked myself off the ground. Mumbo stepped in front of me, a hand on my shoulder. I tried replying to Iskall's question, but my lips and brain wouldn't cooperate. I just shrugged.

"Alright," I muttered, swaying on my feet. "Now that that's done and over with, I can..." I trailed off.

"Grian-" Mumbo said, voice jumping higher as my knees buckled. My vision swam as if I was stepping into a portal. I fell into my friend's arms, my vision quickly fading to black.

(ight now we should see more Hermit interaction and less OC)