"You were the one to take me from my family who I despised for good reasons, you were the one who saved me from the hands of death."

"Yavin-" Yavin kicked Quinn back. Both instructors stumbled away from each other.

"I would have died for you!" Yavin hissed through clenched teeth.

"Yavin!" Quinn snapped. His voice escalated to a yell. "I'm sorry it has to be this way, but what you're doing is not right. You do not gain power through control. I'm trying to stop you power hungry players! I'm trying to save you people, for power only leads to destruction. You are going to destroy yourself that way!"

Quinn threw up a shield just in time as Yavin's magic slammed into it. It was fueled by raw emotion, causing that magic to be untamed. Flashes similar to lightning sparked off the main beam of magic. Quinn staggered, trying to keep himself alive. The instructor looked over his shoulder and at me, eyes glowing the eerie emerald green from before.

"Xelqua- the hammer-" Quinn grunted, straining under the out of control magic. Yavin pressed, tears slipping out of his eyes. I aimed the golden weapon towards Yavin, and channeled my magic through it. The magic from Yavin stopped and the area cleared. Quinn crumpled to the ground. He was on the verge of unconsciousness. Yavin fell to his knees, breathing hard. Sweat, blood, and tears dripped to the grass.

"I'll make sure that everyone knows where your loyalties lie, Aquinnternal," Yavin vowed. He then screamed in pain as the ban hammer worked it's magic. He disappeared with a flash of golden, leaving Quinn lying in the debris of their fight. His chest was barely moved, the rest of his body still.

False ran forwards. Stress and Cleo tried to stop her, but she shook them off. She hooked her arms under Quinn's and dragged him away from the battleground.

"Selafyel... what are you doing?" Quinn muttered, weakly looking up at her through heavy eyelids.

"You saved me, so I'm returning the favor," she answered.

"It was just a mask-"

"Same thing, now stop wasting your energy." Quinn tried to protest, but he was too tired to do so. He let False drag him to safety.

Mumbo and Iskall pulled me down as a stray shot of magic flew our way. Lynnthuic and EX had engaged in a fight, but it was quickly ending. They had made their way closer towards us.

I stood up as a Lynnthuic screamed. EX had stabbed Lynnthuic straight through the heart, leaning close to his foe.

"I've killed better people than you," EX hissed, violently twisting the purple blade. Ripping it out, he punched Lynnthuic with a magic fueled punch.

Lynnthuic choked on his own blood, that red liquid dripping out the corner of his mouth. Lynnthuic fell to his knees, blood dripping from the wound. Blood dripped onto the grass in vast amounts. His magical signature was dimming. He weakly pulled away, the magic around his hand flickering. It formed into a small dagger...

And he drove it upwards into the weak part of EX's armor, the tan cloth area that was near his stomach. The dagger was wedged under EX's ribs. Lynnthuic violently dragged it across EX's stomach, almost cutting his entire front abdomen open with all the strength he had left.

EX cried out, collapsing to his knees. He fell sideways onto the grass, dagger still in his body. EX was harshly shaking, curling into a small ball. Lynnthuic fell backwards. The light in his eyes faded forever... along with all traces of magic.

"Ezra!" I shouted. Why wasn't he healing himself? I pushed myself to my feet, ignoring the other Hermits' calls to stay back, no matter how loud they were.