Chapter Seven-Updated

Começar do início

''Dylan?''

''Yeah. God that hurts.'' He muttered nursing his throbbing shin.

''I was...I didn't mean...'' she spluttered shakily.

Dylan looked up surprised to see her eyes wide and glistening with unshed tears. His gaze softened.

''Are you alright?'' Without thinking Ella buried her face in his chest before a sob tore from her throat as she buried her face in his chest. She never thought a day would come when she'd be grateful to see him. ''Shh, you're okay.'' He drew soothing circles up and down her back.

She pulled away after some time. Her eyes widen in horror as she stared at his chest. ''I'm sorry I ruined your shirt.''

''Don't worry about it. Why don't I take you back, then we can discuss ways for you to pay me back.''

Ella rolled her eyes, unbelievable he just said she shouldn't worry about it!

A few moments later, Dylan was walking beside her. It was quiet except for the chirping of birds and the crunching of dried leaves underneath their feet. ''who were those men?'' He asked.

''I don't want to talk about it.'' Ella looked away.

''Why weren't you at work?'' Dylan asked a moment later.

''I didn't think I was needed.''

Dylan pursed his lips but didn't say anything.

''Was that why you were following me?''

''Yes.'' He admitted excluding the disappointment he had felt when he found out she didn't go to work and to top it up her friend nearly chopped off his head claiming that it was his fault Ella was now jobless.

Ella had half expected him to scoff and deny it but was surprised by his bluntness.

''I don't want you to leave on my account.''

Ella snorted. ''You think I'd humiliate myself after you told me in a not so subtle way that I was fired?''

''I did no such thing.''

''Of course you didn't.''

They argued for some time. It was too late by the time they realized they'd gone off the right path to which Ella let out an incoherent litany of curses; all in Tagalog.

A low rumble of thunder sounded across the sky. The once clear blue sky was now replaced by a veil of dark clouds.

By the time they found shelter they were already drenched to the core and shivering with their teeth chattering.

The place looked like an abandoned warehouse. Empty Sacs were littered all over the place not to mention the termite eaten planks against the wall.

They found a rather cozy spot between the planks and a number of filled sacks.

Ella's eyes narrowed suspiciously as Dylan began to take his shirt off.

''W-what are you doing?''

''What do you think? Taking my shirt off of course, you should take yours off too.''

''No!'' he raised a brow at her outburst. Ella cast her head down, her cheeks flaming when she realized the implication– she'd rather freeze to death than take her clothes off in front of him.

''Suit yourself.'' Dylan dismissed scathingly. ''But don't say I didn't warn you when you fall sick.''

Without his shirt on, the guy was practically glistening with his wet skin and all. This was probably the best time to look away but Ella couldn't as if her mind was in a daze, she'd only seen a body like that on a bench magazine and it's freaking her out to be seeing the real thing.

He had well defined abs; his bronze torso not so muscular but perfect enough for her to drool over. As he wrangle his shirt, Ella saw his muscles rippled and at this point, all she wanted to do was trace his fine toned chest with her fingers and, and–Ella quickly tore her gaze away, what was she thinking? She couldn't believe she was lusting over a Vergara, he was her enemy and desire should be the last thing she should be feeling.

It's a good thing he didn't catch her ogling him or she would have died of embarrassment; speaking of embarrassment, Ella felt her cheeks heated, her skin tingled with a foreign sensation. She buried her face in her hands and groaned.

By the time she raised her head, Dylan was sitting across from her keeping a good distance.

''Come closer so we can share our body heat.'' Dylan suggested but soon regretted it seeing the glare she gave him, now she'll think him a pervert.

''I have no intention of sharing anyone's body...heat.'' And especially not yours...

Even though her teeth were still chattering Ella couldn't imagine herself sleeping next to him in his current state of undress, the thought caused her body to heat up. If she could feel this way when away from him, Ella dreaded what would happen if she was close to him; sharing body heat as he so elegantly put it.

''It's just body heat–''

''I. Said...I. don't... want to.''

''Geez I'm not some pervert who'd take advantage of you.''

''Just quit it Vergara!'' she snapped.

That was so like the girl he met a few days ago, so defensive and so sweet at the same time. He couldn't help but worry about her, she was going to freeze to death and he wasn't going to let that happen.

Not on his watch.

She sat huddled in the corner, her face on her knees buried between her folded arms. She was shivering. He shook his head at her stubbornness before he scooted to where she sat.

Slowly he laid her down and wrapped his arms around her. Ella nuzzled into him inhaling heartily, and sighed heavily her body instantly relaxed against him welcoming the warmness.

Dylan ran his fingers through her hair, a smile played on his lips but the action was short-lived as she uttered a name that made his entire body freeze.

Jason.

as promised here's an update for the week. let me know what you think. next chapter coming up in a few seconds.