"Oh. Okay, that sounds great then." Jamie tipped his hat in her direction whipped the reins and galloped the horse in the direction of the barn. He fascinated her with the way he acted around animals and the kind hearted, genuine man he seemed to be. Jamie wasn't too cocky nor was he too forward, he simply radiated the right amount of confidence which was enough to make any woman fall at her knees. Along with his handsome features and chiselled jaw he had a boyish grin that always seemed to spread from ear to ear. His hair was the same colour as Brett's although their styles differed greatly. Jamie's was short on all sides- an easy style to maintain whereas Brett's was a little longer and harder to maintain- but it didn't look as though he ever did.

She noticed his careful dismounting of his horse and the way he ran his hand over the animals coat as he brushed the mane gently. Leigh became so focused on Jamie's love for the work he did that she didn't notice Brett staring at her from just next to the barn. It was only when he marched towards her with a fire behind his eyes that she snapped out of her daze. As she focused her attention she couldn't help but take note of his defined jawline underneath a thick beard, his brown hair sat unruly on his head underneath a cowboy but it was at a length that was easily manageable- if he had wanted to. Leigh couldn't deny that he was good looking, some might say handsome but she suspected he didn't know that all too well. His clothing was always tattered and filthy but what more could she expect from a hardworking farmer. As quickly as the thoughts entered her mind she shook forced away remembering there was a only one man her mind should be focused on. But it was hard, him being back in LA and her being in North Carolina she told herself it was normal for her mind to wander, everyone was allowed their fantasies, right? So long as they were never acted upon then she didn't see the harm.

"You're late. Strike one," he said as he came to stand in front of her a little too close for comfort.

Leigh checked her watch. "I'm on time."

"It's eight thirty and you aren't inside the shop which means, you are late," Brett emphasised the last three words, gave her the once over and then marched back in the opposite direction. She was confused to say the least and unsure why he made the point of taking time out of his day to tell her she was effectively on time. They had only met a week prior but from the way that Brett treated her one would think they'd known each other for a life time. Leigh had her suspicions that he had judged her even before they met and she was determined to change his mind.

As Maggie turned the corner out of the farm shop she appeared to have the expression of embarrassment mixed with apologies pasted across her face. Her arms were outstretched and she touched Leigh's shoulder apologetically. "I'm sorry about Brett, he doesn't like change."

She wanted to tell her not to worry but she simply nodded. The way he'd acted towards her wasn't okay but she couldn't tell Maggie that because he was her son.

"I'm starting to feel the same," She whispered under her breath and then followed Maggie into the shop to begin her days work.

The customers began to flood in as soon as the closed sign was flipped to open which gave Leigh barely enough time to slip behind the counter and fire up the computer. Ever since she started work in the farm shop just a week prior Maggie had trusted her with logging stock into the system as it became clear she didn't know much about computers. Maggie had said it was typically up to Brett to but Leigh had noticed that he had not once stepped foot into the shop since her awkward first day on the job and she got the impression that he didn't like her very much. Whereas, his brother had been the perfect gentleman all week. He would often bring her a cup of coffee throughout the day, he had offered her lessons on how to ride a horse and he'd invited her for a friendly lunch which she accepted. She didn't have any friends in Oak View and although she'd never admit it, she was beginning to feel the effects of loneliness after six months of solitude.