6 ❥ Hopeless case

Tressandra

It's my fault. It's my fault. It's my fault.

It echoes in my mind like a mantra once I hear the news. The heart wrenching, awful news. Klepto has been hurt. Klepto almost died. And it's all because of me.

My Mother is ecstatic over it, but she's almost disappointed that it wasn't worse than it was. Kelpto survived. We got her kicked out of the pack by planting that ring. If she hadn't been in those woods, she wouldn't have gotten stabbed with a silver knife by a rogue.

If it weren't for me, she would be safe. She wouldn't be in a hospital bed.

My only consolation is that she'll be alright. She's going to live. I have to let that count for something. I have to let justice prevail. I can't hide anymore. I need to do what's right, even if it gets me killed.

A tear slips down my face, but I quickly brush it away. This could be detrimental to me. Mother will hurt me if she catches wind of this. If they don't believe me, I'm doomed. She'll kill me. Is it worth the risk? Worth risking my hide for?

Do I even care if I live anymore if I'm living a lie? A lie filled life with pain and fear day in and day out, will it really matter if it ends? No. It won't. No one will miss me. No one will care. Many people think that, but I know I'm right. I've been a bitch. I've kept myself far from people. I have no relationships, nowhere to go. I'm a hopeless case.

That just means that I have absolutely nothing to lose.

I feel like I should be storming the gates to the pack hospital, as if I look like a soldier ready to do battle with confidence. Instead, I hardly feel anything. I'm in such a daze as I walk to the front door. It's almost like I'm floating instead of walking.

There are several people here on a daily basis. The lycans visiting Klepto, the doctors, and the Alpha. I should know, I am his personal assistant after all. He comes here twice a day to visit his precious son. His son who was left broken by Ezra.

Ezra. I wonder, will he want revenge on me too? I gulp. He tore into Nathaniel just for speaking cruel words to her, what would he do if he found out I'm the reason she came so close to death? Will I be the next one in a cast?

The truth. The truth has to come forward. That's all that matters.

I find the Alpha, but not in Nathan's room, he's in Klepto's room. It's just him and the pack doctor, and I thank the Goddess. If there was a lycan in here, I would probably lose the courage to fess up.

"Tressa? What are you doing here?" Alpha Green demands, always my superior, and always wanting to remind me of my place. The doctor ducks away, pretending to be busy with his supplies.

I don't answer, at least not right away. I hate my name. It's the ugliest name in the pack. It's so abnormal, and stupid. I'm positive it's made up and means absolutely nothing. It just sounds like my Mom tried too hard.

Klepto lays in the bed, so pale and lifeless. From the outside, she doesn't seem like she has any injuries whatsoever. It looks like she's sleeping. In a way, she is, but no one knows when she'll wake up. I feel like the lowest scum on the earth for putting her there. She doesn't deserve it. She doesn't deserve any of it.

I would switch places with her in a second.

"Well, I need to talk to you." I say, trying to sound confident. He tilts his head to the side as he waits for my words.

I suddenly become nervous. Alpha Green isn't as bad as Mother, but he's still awful. What if this backfires? I start talking before I can talk myself right out of it.