It was one freaking thirty and that boy was still not here. He was an hour and a half late for their meet up, which meant that he probably wasn’t going to show up at all. She should have known this was going to happen. Maybe it was partially her fault for not getting down his number, but he could have had the decency to call her if he couldn’t make it.

And just like that, Alexander managed to piss her off without even having to be in the same room as her.

Adrianna swung her bag onto her shoulder and was about to leave, when her eyes met the last person she wanted to see. Her heart hammered in her chest and her hands grew clammy. She bit the bottom of her lips as a flood of memories and emotions threatened to break free.

Just as Adrianna was about to make a dash for it, the boy’s green eyes connected with hers and he instantly headed her way. Her eyes shifted around the library, anxiously trying to find an escape route. She ran into the closet isle of bookshelves and zigzagged her way around the towering shelves to the exit.

Adrianna was about to take a step out from the library when a hand clamped down on her wrist. She jumped a foot in the air and tried to yank it away. “D...don’t touch me or I swear I will neuter you!”

“Whoa! Well that’s one way to threaten a guy, but unfortunately, I’m not a guy. So I believe you have to spray a female to prevent them from procreating,” laughed the female voice.

Adrianna turned around so fast that her head started to spin. Her eyes immediately brightened when she distinguish who was there. She sighed in relief. “Katie! Boy am I glad to see you here!” she exclaimed in a strained voice while glancing around to see if there were any signs of Gregory. “Now let’s go out please...”

Katie scrunched her eyebrows together as Adrianna held her in a death grip and dragged her outside. “Hey hold on, did I miss the memo on something? Who are you avoiding—”

“Long story, I’ll explain later but please take me out of here.”

 Before Adrianna could take another step forward, a hand grasped her shoulder, causing her to flinch.

“Hey Adrianna, about yesterday’s incident...I’m really—”

“No shut up! I don’t want to hear it you pigheaded jerk!” she screamed, her eye’s sparking with anger. “You...” She breathed heavily in and out, trying not to cry. “You don’t sexually harass a girl and think you can make it up with an apology.”

Gregory reached to grab Adrianna’s arm, but she dodged out of the way. “Don’t touch me or I swear by tomorrow, you’re either going to have a nice restraining order or a comfy place in jail.”

At her words, Gregory tilted his head back and laughed mockingly. “Is that suppose to be a challenge? Because I like challenges.”

 Katie glanced between Adrianna’s ashen face and towards Gregory’s half smirk before she started to realize what may have occurred in a short time span. Immediately, she stepped in front of Gregory and shoved him hard in the chest. “Back off before I call the cops for harassment,” she snarled, holding her arms out defensively.

“Well aren’t you a feisty—”

 Without thinking, Katie kneed him in the groin. For a few seconds, she watched as he doubled over in pain, cursing every word in the English dictionary. “Take that you son of a gun!” she laughed gleefully before grabbing Adrianna’s hand and making a run for it.

“Thanks for that,” said Adrianna quietly as she followed Katie to her silver car. “I wouldn’t have known what to do if you weren’t here—well besides kick him in the balls.”