Chapter 14: Emerging

Start from the beginning

I wiped my mouth with a napkin and suggested an idea. "Great idea, father! For the crops, we should start out with simple vegetables"

"Yes, that would be common sense right there," He said. "But the bugs are frustrating to deal with and using magic will just be a waste. Pesticides are ridiculous too since your mother doesn't approve of them" He complains. 

"... Father, what about ducks and geese?" I recommended him and he asked why. "Well, ducks tend to eat insects that are harmful to the plants while leaving the plants themselves alone and also they can eat a lot too! For geese, they eat weeds!" I grinned at him. "Also if we breed them at the same time, we'll have plenty of protein too!~"

"... Interesting" He strokes his chin. "I'll look into it, my daughter"

Hehe!~ Thanks to my animal-talking ability, I was able to learn a lot about nature and how it could benefit us. Soon we'll rise. Ah! That reminds me...

"Father, may I visit town tonight?"

"... Why? There's barely a town for now" He gave me a cold face. "You may go with an escort but don't expect too much"

"Yes, father"

*TIME SKIP*

He was right.

I walked around the part with Lily by my side as I looked at the starving people that ran from their home just struggling in the streets. The more I look at them, the more I pity them realizing how hard their lives must've been just living in this empire with an emperor who only focuses on foreign affairs. However, I cannot blame him, no one can save everyone, but it doesn't hurt help.

"Lily... You see it right?"

"Yes..."

"It's a sad world that we live in. Even though we're very new and small right now, we can become stronger and bigger together to create a community" I looked directly into her eyes. "We should start now"

"... What do you mean?"

I took her hand and went even further into town until we reached the border. "You see this?" I pointed at the wasteland to show Lily. "I can feel its strength..." My magic swirls inside of me.

I know how to fix it... but I can't do it alone... No, I need help...

Mother.

*TIME SKIP* - Weeks Later -

"Athanasia" My father wears his gloves and exhales a frosty breath in the air. "I'll be going on a trip. I don't know when I might come back, but I hope for it to be in 4 days" The wind blows into his face as his hair along with it.

He was wearing a very thick black outfit that's meant for travel. He also had a white fur scarf on his neck with a fancy broach on it. Both of his hair and eyes were black along with my hair. I also wear winter clothes to farewell my father. I pouted sadly at him as my pink pupils shook in grief. I hugged his neck and kissed his cheek.

"Please hurry. I'll miss you very much" I stuff my face in his shoulder.

He wraps his arms around me and lightly chuckles. "I will. Don't worry, Athanasia" He pulls away and we face each other. "Don't forget who's the strongest one here" He grinned.

"Of course, father" I smirked back at him and kissed his cheek again. He gapes at me in surprise as I smile joyfully at his astonished face. "It's me!~. Ah! That reminds me!"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a handkerchief with my embroidery on it. It's a common tradition for a wife or daughter to wish their parting male relative luck before they go out. Mine was black with our family seal on it and it came out better than I thought which surprised me when I finished.