26 - Sunshine

Yeji hopped out of the washroom with clearer vision. Her eyes landed on the peaceful girl on the bed, sleeping like an adorable toddler, hugging the pillow. Yeji sauntered towards her, and lowered herself before taking her time to scan the details of Ryujin's face, admitting she didn't like the forward striker anymore after three years.

Because, she was now falling for Ryujin.

Last night was full of bowl of cherries.

Yeji couldn't tell the definite time and reason why and how she ended up being deep in her feelings for the pink haired girl. Yet, she just simply found herself free-falling. It was irresistible.

Thus, she wasn't expecting for Ryujin to feel the same. She was happy on what they had now and most importantly, she could see the smile on Ryujin's face when they were together. It was enough, at least for Yeji.

In the spur of the moment, Ryujin was parting her lips, still sleeping. Yeji suppressed her forming up giggle, and decided to tuck her in underneath the blanket.

The forward striker adorably hummed a vague whimper in return to her action. Yeji sheepishly smiled then. They were inches away again from colliding, the chromatic butterflies were doing their magical thing inside her and before she could even withdraw herself, Ryujin was unfolding the lids of her orbs.

Yeji was stunned. How could someone look so damn beautiful even if they just woke up?

Her hands were stuck on the linings of the blanket, completely unaware of her next reaction while Ryujin had her sleepy eyes staring at her. To her surprise, the pink haired girl flashed a warm gleam, and Yeji was even more astounded. "Good morning."

Ryujin whispered, greeting her warm and gentle. Her voice was a mix of raspy and soothing one, maybe, it was the 'morning voice' people referred to. Nonetheless, Yeji was deeply enthralled with it plus her smile, adding up those charming whiskers.

Those three were a killer combo. Damn.

"Did you have a good sleep?" She mumbled, her eyes were narrowed by the refulgence struck against her face.

"I'm supposed to ask you that, dummy." Yeji reckoned. "You weren't as bad as you thought, I didn't think I had someone sleeping next to me."

Ryujin scrunched up her nose. that was strange considering her bed was always a catastrophe of battlegrounds. "Are you saying that to assure me or are you fooling around?"

"Neither. Look, the pillow between us didn't even move and I'm sorry, I know I went to sleep faster than you thought."

"It's cool. I expected it from Hwang Yeji."

"I sleep at two am too." Yeji pouted, "if there are exams I have to study for."

"Pull me up, Yeddeong."

Yeji had her mouth agape, it would be a déjà vu. "I know what you're thinking, Ryujin."

"Oh, really? Come on, help me up." She sluggishly yawned, feeling a bit drowsy since she had a more than eight hour of sleep, a tendency for human's body to feel extra sleepy. "I can't move my body, Yeddeong."

"You're just going to pull me down to you."

"At least, you're falling on me and not on someone—something else. Right?" Yeji pursed her lips in silence. Now that it was an implicit matter, she succumbed to the fact of herself diving deeper into Ryujin, her words gave other denotation to her. She had to speak up about it. "Yeji?"

The cat eyed girl straightened up her posture, letting out some air through her pale and dry lips. "We both know what I feel for you and I'm truly happy you don't feel uncomfortable about it." In a matter of split second, the pink haired girl arose from ensconce, hearing the recessive tone in her voice, it was something portentous to be taken.