ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟs

"Stella you know I can't leave." He whined and I chuckled.

"No silly billy, I've already talked to the doctors. You can't walk and that's why I'm taking you on a wheelchair date so you need to wake up." I told him playfully.

He rolled to face me with a smile on his face "you're perfect" he told me.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as I simply blushed and pretended to do something else.

"look at me." He stated and I turned to face him, clearly embarrassed. "Don't hide your blush, you are beautiful." He told me in the most serious tone I had ever heard leave his mouth.

What did I do to deserve this boy.

A young nurse bought Daniel in a wheelchair and helped him in it. "you're good to go" she told me and I helped him put a hoodie on with the sweatpants he was already wearing.

Keri had gone home to do some washing for us all and freshen up but I had let her know that Daniel and I would be out for the day. She was thrilled.

I waved goodbye to a few of the nurses as we walked out, after being here for a wee while I had started to recognise many of them.

I had had a little look on my phone last night of where I could take Daniel and managed to find a nice lake that was about a 10 minute walk away.

Daniel kept laughing at me because I seemed to loose my way a lot but eventually we made it.

I grabbed my backpack once we arrived and pulled out a few things that I had managed to convince the nurses to let me use; A picnic blanket, some water bottles, and a few snacks.

"I cant believe you" he told me whilst I pulled out the jello cups.

"What?" I questioned, confused to what he was getting at.

"You're just so-" He paused as if he didn't know what to say.

"Absolutely amazing?" I questioned, finishing his sentence in a joking matter

"Absolutely amazing." He agreed, reaching out to grab my hand.

"You're so needy" I chuckled, as I reached back to him.

"Can you help me out of here?" he questioned and I was quickly by his side.

"Put your arms around me" I instructed, lifting him up gently.

I became instantly nervous with the close proximity of our faces.

I managed to get him onto the blanket below us and he quietly thanked me.

There was tension in the air, I could feel it.

"I'm so proud of you" He told me out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Stella you've been through so much in your 18 years of life and yet you're here in front of me, I'm so proud of you"

This boy was going to make me cry.

"You dont have to say anything, I just need you to know." He added, noting my silence

I didn't say anything, I just scooted closer to him and put my head onto his shoulder. "Am I hurting you?" I asked in caution.

"No, it's okay, stay there." he said, placing his arm around the small of my back.

I cuddled in closer to him as he traced small circles against the fabric of my shirt.

After just enjoying each others company for a few moments I decided we should start eating some food. Daniel was opposed at first as he wanted to keep cuddling with me, but eventually the thought of food managed to convince him.

Whilst I put together our sandwiches Daniel was very attached to his phone. I didn't mind it though, there was a smile glued to his face and that made me happy.

"Who ya texting?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Huh?" He asked while looking up, before realising what I asked. "Oh just Jonah, he wanted to see how I was doing"

Thats right. I forgot I was literally about to eat lunch with a famous band member.

"Oh nice." I replied as calmly as possible, even though my inner fangirl was screaming.

"Yeah, I can't wait to introduce you to them all back when I'm able to tour again. You could come on tour with us!" He said excitedly like a kid in a candy shop.

"I'd love to." I said nervously, I used to read this sort of stuff in fanfictions on the internet, I don't actually think I like the idea, those books always contain some sort of messed up drama.

Daniel went back to his phone and I took a little moment to think. It's crazy because through interviews and fictional stories, I had plastered an image in my head of what each of the boys we're like. But Daniel was way different to how I expected him. I never thought the boy from the letters could be a boy that stands on a stage and sings his heart out to thousands of fans every other night. My picture of Daniel Seavey was a total extrovert, he was wild in so many ways and wasn't afraid to take risks. But Daniel in the letters was very hidden away, he only talked to me about his feelings and he was constantly scared of other's opinions. I thought Daniel Seavey wasn't afraid of anything, and I guess that's why I never came to the conclusion that they could be the same person.

"Daniel?" I questioned, and he immediately looked up to meet my eyes. "I know your mum told me why you didn't reveal your identity once you were famous, but when you went on American idol before all of this, why didn't you tell me about your audition?"

He looked at me with sad eyes before speaking, "I knew you would watch my audition and I didn't want you to see me, I thought you would stop talking to me once you knew what I looked like."

I instantly moved closer to him with his words. He continued.

"Stel I hated myself back then, I woke up every morning wishing I was in a different body. You were the only thing that gave me some confidence, the way you told me how much I was helping you and how much you appreciated me, I guess in-turn helped me as-well. I needed you in my life more then ever then, you're the reason I followed my dreams and you're the reason I'm up on that stage with 4 of my best friends. It's you."

At this point I was a mess, tears threatened to spill and Daniel pulled me close.

I put my legs either side of his waist and pressed my forehead against his.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered but I didn't respond, I just pressed my lips against his.

It wasn't like the novels, it was better. All of our passion, our pain, and our years of waiting all went into that one single kiss.

And I'd give up anything, to do it again.