ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴍᴀᴅ

I woke up feeling fresh and relieved. Everything seemed to be going right which scared me in a way, but it also left me feeling content and at ease. Today was Monday, which meant back to the reality of school. I was definitely feeling much better about where I was though, and it didn't take too much effort to hop on up out of bed and slowly but surely drag myself down to the kitchen.

Once I made it to the bottom of the steps, I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and made myself a bowl of cereal. It was only 7:40am so I still had plenty of time to mess around. After breakfast, I brushed my teeth and made sure I had everything in my bag that I needed.

Walking to school was a big part of my every school day routine but that didn't mean it was any better than the previous day. Truth is, I absolutely hate walking to school because it gives me too many memories of when I walked this same path with my sister.

I arrived at school with an extra spring in my step. Daniel was glued to my mind and I was beginning to wonder whether I actually cared for him as more of a friend, a crush even.

Seemed stupid though, I've known him for the longest time ever and I still don't even know what he looks like. How in a million years could I ever feel that way.

But Daniel was different, I saw boys at school every day and they were nothing but immature freaks. No respect for the teachers, no respect for their peers and mostly, no respect for their parents or partners.

The boys here would sleep around, get into fights, and spend their weekends getting into trouble with the law whilst I remained in the safety of my bedsheets.

I could never see Daniel doing any of that. Daniel has so much respect, for women especially. Daniel was everything girls my age look for. The best part is, he was my friend.

I wondered if the girls at his school fawn over him. I felt a pang if jealously as I imagined them all flirting with him. I wondered if he gives them gifts and open when letters too. I wonder if he cares for them the same way he cares for me.

Okay that's it, I'm definitely crushing on Daniel.

How could I let this happen! I mentally slapped myself as I headed towards my first class of the day, English.

Once the final bell rung signalling school was over, I rushed out of class and basically ran home. I had a strong feeling Daniel had seen my early letter and sent one back early as well. I was hoping our whole Friday thing would disappear and now we'd post letters a few times a week.

Could get expensive on my behalf but it's worth it for Daniel. He's my best friend after all.

As I approached my street I basically kicked into full sprint. My mind had really changed today when it came to my feelings with Daniel and now it was almost like I craved his letters and attention. I wanted to be on top of the other girls who must fawn over him.

I finally reached my letterbox and was disappointed to see that nothing was there. Maybe he didn't care about me as much as I thought he did.

My feet seemed a lot heavier all of a sudden and I plodded step by step to my front door.

That is until the postman rode down the street on his bike ringing his bell as he stopped at my letter box.

"Stella?" He asked and my face immediately radiated the biggest smile. I took the letter from his hand smiling briskly as I saw Daniel's address under the 'Return To' section. He did it, we broke the rules.

I felt rebellious and thrilled all at once, this was the first time in our whole lives that Daniel and I had broken our rules.

As I opened the front door I was surprised to find my dad on the other side.