Obliviate

I tried to stay calm. Obviously, my first reaction was to reach for my wand. Haley was faster. She already had her wand in her hand.

"Expelliarmus!" She casted the spell flawlessly. My wand flew out of my hand, hit the wall and rolled right to rest at her feet. I was helpless.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked, bitterly, with a sudden surge of courage.

She smiled wickedly. "Oh, I'm only a first year, huh?" She taunted, picking up my double meaning. Picking up that I had implied that she was not nearly advanced enough for any fatal curse.

"No," she answered. "I'm not going to kill you. Even if I was capable of the killing curse, now wouldn't be the time. But don't think I'm inexperienced. You know so little, Lily," she accused.

"I know you're a dark wizard!" I exclaimed. "I know your going to do terrible things someday and the second I get away from you, I'm going to get help."

"Shut up and let me talk," she demanded. "You're right. About me being a dark wizard, doing terrible things. I plan to take the wizarding world faster and with much less difficulty than that lousy excuse for a Dark Lord, Voldemort. I'm going to fulfill my father's dreams."

I swallowed, causing her to laugh cruelly. "I'm sorry, Potter, I got carried away. The thing is, I can't have you and your pathetic little friends-"

"Don't you dare-!" I started.

"Silencio!" She waved her wand, preventing me from saying another word. "There. Much better. You know, I don't see why I was placed in Gryffindor, yet you weren't. Imagine that! Hilarious, isn't it?" She looked at me as though a response was not only possible, but expected.

When I didn't reply she just shrugged and continued talking. "As I was saying. I can't have you and your weak excuse for a detective team prancing around on my tail."

I tried to tell her that, if we were so weak, she didn't need to be frightened of us. But, not only did I realize that would not help my situation, I also remembered I couldn't speak.

" So, I devised a brilliant plan. I am going to join your little.. team, if you could call it that. Being your friend will get me in the clear," she informed me.

I wanted to tell her off. What on earth was the counter curse?

"And you, Lily Potter, are going to get me in. Now, I know what you're thinking. 'You're a terrible creature! I'm a loyal Ravenclaw I can't betray my beloved friends!' but, you see, you aren't going to remember this," she smiled a wicked smile.

Not going to remember? Why wouldn't I remember? This isn't something someone could just... forget. Oh no. My eyes betrayed me. I tried not to let my feat show but I new it shone in my eyes. I shook my head desperately as Haley took out her wand.

I closed my eyes.

"Obliviate!"