6}

Their father had walked out one day after a big argument with Maryse, and he had left the divorce papers on the doorstep. Maryse had cried and cried, and begged for Robert to reconsider the next day but he refused. He wanted a divorce and so it was that.

He fought for custody of his children, but the final decision had fallen to Alec, the oldest of the children. He didn't want to leave his father but it'd be cruel to abandon his mother. And if he was honest with himself, he was still angry with his father for breaking his family apart. And so his father got no immediate rights to his children.

They had decided that Robert was allowed two monthly visits at either home or a designated place of the children's choice. Even though Robert hated the idea, it was still better than nothing.

And that had been three years ago.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Alec had been spending so much time with Magnus over the last month that he had missed both of the designated meeting times with his father. Robert had complained to Maryse, telling him that he hadn't seen his oldest son all month, to which Marsye replied that she hadn't seen him either. Maryse had given Robert a spare key to the house and told him he could go and look for Alec at the house.

None of which, Alec had been told. So he was laying in his bed, Magnus atop him, making out slowly. He was so preoccupied with Magnus that he didn't hear his father unlock the front door, didn't hear him walk up the stairs and didn't hear him open his room door. He probably never would've noticed him if he hadn't yelled loudly upon opening the door.

"Fucking hell Alec. What are you doing?" Robert shouted.

Alec threw Magnus off of him and onto the other side of the bed, moving to being in front of his boyfriend so he could protect him with his body if worse came to worst.

It wasn't a good look for Alec, his neck was covered in fresh hickies and you could see the scratches on his shoulders going into his shirt. CPR was out of the window. They were laying down, so the Heimlich was out too.

The issue was, Alec didn't know if his father was homophobic. They had never talked about homosexuality ever, and his father had went largely religious after the divorce. He was shaking in the in side, Magnus's security was downstairs but there was no way to alert them without going through Robert or altering Robert.

"Hello? Are you going to answer me Alec? What's going on here?" This time he wasn't yelling, his voice was calm. Also a bad sign, that could mean he was calming down but it also could mean he was planning out his next attack.

"Hello Mr. Lightwood, I'm Magnus, Alec's boyfriend." Magnus said, his chin resting of Alec's shoulder.

Robert looked taken aback, despite the fact that he'd walked in on them kissing. His mouth was open in shock, eyes wide and fists clenching at his sides. He staggered back, leaning against the doorframe.

Magnus was so stressed he was starting to disassociate, for the first time all month. He was trying to hold on, but it was hard. The medicine was wonderful at controlling his psychosis but it was getting closer to when he needed to take it again, and so the affects were weakening. He finally gave up the fight and just hoped everything would be okay.

"Alec what is going on here?" Robert asked, more impatiently than before.

"You had three kids and you didn't figure it out yet? We were kissing. You make it sound like it's such a big deal." Alec replied, finding his courage.

"Kissing, that's another man!" Robert exclaimed.

"I'm well aware, that's actually the whole point. I'm gay. " Alec replied.

Robert just stood there his mouth gaping wide like a fish.

"Is it that hard to wrap your head around? One of your 4 children is gay, that's normal, you're thinking too hard." Alec replied, sighing and running his fingers through Magnus's hair.

"I- I need time to think." And without another word, Robert left.

"That could've been worse." Alec said to Magnus, who was slowly resurfacing. "Do you want to go to your house?"

"Sure, carry me?"

"Of course Magnus."

And that's how it was.

I'll add a note later. Love y'all and please comment, it's great motivation to keep writing.