2) Not Back By Midnight

Alec sat down after running around making their old house look as clean as possible for when Magnus came  over. He had cleaned the bathroom, picked up all the trash everywhere Magnus could go. He had also washed all the dishes, mopped the floor and even more in the 30 minutes since Magnus had texted him.

Alec pulled out his earbuds and pushed one into his ear, putting on a fast paced song to get his adrenaline up. His tapped his foot in beat to the song, mouthing the words that he'd heard a thousand times over.

Alec was getting into the altered chorus when the doorbell rang. Alec pulled in a deep breathe when before he swung the door open, revealing Magnus. The other man was breathtakingly gorgeous and Alec thought about his ugly sweaters and ripped jeans, hoping that Magnus didn't care about it.

When the door was opened, Magnus felt a thousand times better. Alexander, gave off a comfortable vibe and he felt the anger from his being in his own house fade away.

"Welcome, this is, you know, where I live" Alec said, rubbing behind his ear with his sweater paw.

"You have a lovely home" Magnus said, and he meant it.

The place looked lived in, his house looked like it could be going on sale. The place was practically untouched. It didn't even feel like him. This house had character though, pictures on the walls and small crayon drawings from when they were younger. Knick knacks on the mantle above the fireplace and jackets thrown on the back of the couches.

It looked like a home.

"Thanks. How about we go to my room?" Alec asked.

"Actually, can we get something to eat first? I couldn't eat when I was at my house, the house makes me sick sometimes" Magnus admitted. Alec looked concerned.  "No like that, it's just the first placed I've lived I without my mom. It doesn't feel like a home'"

"Oh. Divorce?" Alec asked.

"Yeah" Magnus whispered.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" Alec said, he couldn't bear to think what it would've been like, to lose your mother. He had never been close to his father, so the divorce didn't mean much to him. But without his mom? He wouldn't have been able to deal.

"It's okay. It's been a few years now." Magnus said. " Do you wanna take a drive? To get something to eat?"

"Sure." Alec said, sensing Magnus trying to change the subject. And he let it go, no matter how long it had been, thinking about losing your mom had to be hard.

"Let's go" Magnus said, grabbing Alec's arm.

"I actually have to tell my mom that I'm leaving." Alec told Magnus.

"That's fine" Magnus replied.

Alec led Magnus up the staircase, to his mother's room. He knocked twice and opened the door, all of his siblings were sitting in there with her watching a movie. He ignored the slight burning behind his eyes, no one had invited him to watch the movie, and cleared his throat.

"I'm going out" he said, when his mother looked over.

"Okay, make good choices. Love you Alec, be back before midnight" his mom told him.

"I will" Alec said and shut the door, walking Magnus back to where they came from. He walked Magnus out the house and next to the car that was much too expensive to belong to his family.

"Where do you wanna go?" Magnus asked, once he got in the car.

"Let's get something to eat and then see where else we want to go" Alex said.