Pain

Dedicated to this edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-VB9d0pEvW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
And parts of this edit (rip kotlcmoony :'( ) https://www.instagram.com/p/BzYhfGRH6lb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Please bear with me while I release all the angst XD

- - -

Where... am I?

Who am I, for that matter?

Everything is blank. Dark. But why? Where was that thing that I used to know?

...Light. That's what it was called! Light was so beautiful. Where was it now? What was this place with no light? And why was it so... sad?

I tried to dig through the thick nothingness, searching for something, anything. But all I found was more nothing.

A frustrated fire lit within me, just as a burning wall of flames appeared in the darkness. Like me, it was hungry for something to eat up. Anything.

I just hoped that something wasn't me.

Suddenly, I was aware of a voice echoing through the empty, dark pit. It was calling for someone.

Keefe! Keefe, please. We need you, it called.

Keefe. Why did that name feel so familiar? Did I know someone named Keefe?

Wait, I thought, am I Keefe? Is that my name?

The voice immediately took form in a shimmer of sparkly things. A girl with blonde hair and brown eyes wearing a simple brown tunic appeared before me. She felt so familiar, so safe.

That's when I realized I could take form. So I did.

I looked down at myself, seeing that I actually did have a body. And a rather impressive one at that. I reached up to feel my hair when the girl spoke to me.

Keefe! She ran towards me and wrapped her arms around me. Somehow, though I didn't recall knowing her, it felt like coming home. Keefe, can you hear me? Oh my gosh... we thought you'd never respond. We thought you'd never come back to us.

"Who are you?" I asked, confused. This girl had been looking for me? People had been looking for me? What in this dark, dark pit was going on here?

You don't know who I am? the girl asked, her face falling immediately as she let go to get a look at my face. Keefe... it's Sophie. Don't you remember? This is a problem, ummm... She paused, taking a deep breath that sounded far away. Please, Keefe. Please try to remember.

And I did. But I needn't have bothered with the effort, because a second or two after she said her name, a million colors filled my dark prison. But all of them centered around this beautiful girl's bright brown eyes, which he noticed were flecked with gold. This Sophie. She was something big to me. But I couldn't remember why. Until...

One memory focused in, and the girl watched with me. It was a memory of her and me. She had clearly been crying, and I felt my heart ache along with the memory. Then we said a few unintelligible words, and I felt a firm resolve. For some reason, I'd been holding back steadily. But in that moment, it seemed I decided to let my true feelings take over, and I cradled her in a long hug.

That's when I figured it out.

I was in love with this girl.

And that's when she seemed to figure it out, too. At least, she must have figured out something. She'd seen, heard, and felt everything I just did. If she didn't know before, she certainly knew now. In the back of my mind, I felt a sense of terror. This girl had way too much power over me. Mostly because she was the only light besides the angry fire (which was slowly receding, thankfully) in this awful place. But maybe it was a little more than that. I was in love with her, wasn't I?