Chapter 10- A curse? Or gift?

A\N: Everyone! So, I'm soooooooo sorry about the super long wait. But I do have good news. I got a student email yesterday from my school, saying that I passed all my tests! I was so happy! Anyways; here's chapter ten!

Devin's Pov:

Wow. I can't believe it, my last day of training with Jem. After training Jem in my skills, I absolutely sure she'll be a great 'Chosen One'. But I just hope that we'll prepare her enough. This battle that Jem will face, won't just be about her werewolf kind. This will mean war against all supernatural creatures. Allies and enemies will be chosen, to fight for both good and evil.

"So Devin, what's the last thing I have to do?" Jem asked me, snaping me out of my thoughts.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out. Patience is key." I told her.

"I am not a very patient person, just saying it makes me irritated." She replied.

Jem's Pov:

Patience is the key. I'll tell you what it is, patience means nothing. Absolutly nothing, it's just a word to make kids irritated. What a minute, did I just call myself a kid? 'I just lost my own argument didn't I?' I thought.

'Yep. But don't worry Jem, there's always the next one.' Silver told me.

'Yah yah, I know.' I replied, then I cut of our link.

"Alright Jem, you ready for you last test with me?" Devin asked.

"Of cource I am, I'm ready to be Ava's student already." I told him.

"You mean your not gonna miss me? That's cold Jem, even for you." He said pretending to be hurt.

"Deal with it." I mumbled. Then Devin got into fighting stance, and I reflected his stance back, showing no fear. I knew this day would come, the day that I'd end up fighting Devin. And to pass his class, I'd have to beat him too. Right as I was about to charge at him, Devin fell to the ground.

Once there Devin's cloths started getting ripped. Then I saw something hurting him, it look like some kind if snake. "Devin why aren't you attacking it?" I asked.

"Attacking what?! Ugh!" Then he received another hit, causing him to yelp out in pain. I could'nt just sit here and do nothing, so I tried to get the snake off of him. The snake had wraped itself around Devin's body, and was squeezing him. If I didn't get him off of Devin, Devin would...

>>Timeskip 20 minutes........

"Stupid snake! Get off of him, you're killing him!" I cried out. Then in a swift movement. The snake let go of him, and went back to where ever it came from. I went over to Devin to see him injured. He had wrap marks all over his body, and some bite marks from the snake. Leaving scars. I didn't know what to do, for once in my life I felt completly hopeless. I could've done so much in that moment, but instead for those seconds that I wasn't helping.

I stood there like a statue, wondering what was going on. Devin looked like he was loosing alot of blood from those wounds, I wasn't prepared for anything like this to happen so I didn't have any supplies to treat him. I had to get him back, maybe they could save him there. Right as I was about to lift Devin up, my hands started glowing. When I lifted my hands to take a better look, the light dimed. When I put them back the light grew again. 'It's healing him!' I thought.

I left my hands to complete the healing process, and once it was finished a wave of relief passed over me. I was so glad that he was gonna be okay. Right as I was about to stand up form my sitting position, pain hit me in my lower abdomen. Almost knocking me off my feet. My eyes startimg to roll back into my head, and I passed out.