2. A Touch Of Light

Start from the beginning

Siyeon opened her eyes. The sound of oil sizzling from the kitchen surprised her.

"So she hasn't left!" The young woman exclaimed to herself, palms on the ground.

The 22-year-old came back in a standing position. She couldn't bear to look at her own face in the mirror for too long. The way she couldn't help but shine through with her high cheeks and perfectly white teeth was disgusting. She was trying so hard not to smile delightfully but the thought of still being in the same apartment as Sua was too strong. She blushed.

"Sing-Siiiiing!" A mellifluous voice unexpectedly called from far away.

"네에에에~?"
tr: yeees~?

"The brunch is ready!"

"Coming!"

Siyeon checked her reflecting self again. Great, now her face was red. How could she feel so happy? She hid in her hands briefly. She took a minute to breathe in and out. Finally, she found her way to the living room.

"Hi, beautiful! Today's menu is-" Sua started, holding a spatula in one hand and a plate in the other. She was wearing a beige apron.

"수아" Siyeon interrupted shyly.
tr: Sua.

The aforesaid put down the plate in front of Siyeon. The brown-haired woman nodded to signify her girlfriend that she had her whole attention. Her enthusiasm transformed into a serious expression.

"수아" Siyeon repeated, her voice showing a little more confidence this time.
tr: Sua

"뭐야?" Sua inquired, confused.
tr: what (is it)?

Her concern was growing significantly. Siyeon was giving her anxiety. She could hear her heart beating all the way to her temples. What should have been a few seconds by now felt out of proportion. Her life was paced in slow motion.

"수아... 김수아. 수아야." Siyeon was looking at Sua in the eyes.
tr: Sua... Kim Sua. Sua-ya.

This definitely didn't sound like their usual little games. But at the same time, it seemed that they were getting nowhere with the full declension of her name.

"아, 뭐야아아~?"
tr: ah, what is iiiiit~?

Sua was losing patience.

"수아는, 내거야!"
tr: Sua, you're mine!

Sua frowned out of surprise. Siyeon had just released the loudest shout-out in their history. She choked; more because she was amused than because she thought it was bold. Actually, if she had to describe this moment, she would have said it was cute. Cute because of the way Siyeon heard herself say those words and reacted to them by blushing. Cute because of the millions of stars that were forming in Siyeon's eyes realizing that she confessed out loud the way she felt inside without stuttering. Cute because of her hands suddenly hiding half of her face in shame for noting that it was the cheesiest line ever. Cute because she couldn't look at Sua anymore, knowing that her senior was staring intensely at her flustered self.

Clearly, there was no escape to the stereotypes of love. Sua wanted to laugh it off, but the feelings of Siyeon were so genuine, she just accepted them as they were. Nonetheless, she struck back. How could she not?

"아니, 이시연... 내거야!"
tr: no, Lee Siyeon... you're mine!

Siyeon watched Sua's index finger enter her personal space, landing on her right cheek without a hitch. The black-haired woman lifted up her face as she smiled back to her interlocutor. The young woman was drowning in satisfaction. She waited for her newly found personal cook to take a sit as well. There... Now they could eat together.

"어때요?" Sua queried, ready to fill her stomach with her homemade bread.
tr: how is it?

"It's so good!" Siyeon cried out. "I really like your cooking, actually."

Sua laughed at Siyeon's body language. She was fleshing out the tastiness of her cooking by making her body shaking from head to toes. The young woman's aegyo made her die internally. She hit her forearm.

"Dork!" She murmured.

Both of them finished their plate at the same time.

"Say, Singnie."

"Hmm?" The black-haired girl raised her head.

"You like this apartment, right?"

"hmm!" She nodded.

"You like my cooking, right?"

"Hmm!"

"You like me, right?"

"Hmm!!"

"Do you want me to move in?" Sua ogled the young woman in front of her.

Siyeon opened her eyes wide.

"Is... Is this for real?" She stammered.

"Yes" Sua nodded with a smirk on her face.

"Yes?" Siyeon repeated as if she was finally realizing what all this meant to her whole soul.

"Yes!" Sua replied again, giggling at the change of her girlfriend's face.

"Oh my God..." Siyeon hid behind her hands. "Yes, yes!"

"Yes?" Sua asked again, sweetly amused.

"Yes!" Siyeon tittered in the grip of emotion.

Maybe that day, she had finally be touched by grace. Maybe that day, she was feeling the luckiest person in the entire universe. Maybe that day, she didn't think she deserved it that much. But for sure, that day, the light sensation of Sua pressing her lips onto hers was the opening act of what it felt like, to be a family, together.

⸙⸙⸙

Hi beautiful people, this is tumblr handle @suayeonsroom!
I hope you liked the second short story of this collection.
Sua is now 23 and Siyeon 22. It's been 2 years they are together!
Please don't hesitate to give me feedback on my  my writing by voting and/or commenting below, on the SuA and the Siyeon of this story. If you are a shipper of Suayeon like me, don't hesitate to go see my edits of them on my tumblr.

Stan talent, Stan Dreamcatcher always. ♥

- P A R K S O O G I

⸙⸙⸙

Korean vocabulary for you:

'ne' meaning "yes" ; using 'e/eh' to lenghten the duration of the vowel.
, 뭐야? 'a/ ah, mweoya-a-a~' meaning "Ah, what is it?"; using 아 'a/ah' to lenghten the duration of the vowel.
수아는, 내거야! 'Sua-neun, naegoya!' meaning "Sua, you're mine!".
아니, 이시연... 내거야! 'No, Lee Siyeon... Naegoya!' meaning "No, Lee Siyeon... you're mine!".
어때요? 'eottaeyo?' meaning "How is it?"