Chapter 7

I looked up into his eyes with a determined expression, "Okay, I'll tell you."

I took a deep breath and relaxed my body in the lawn chair, "I'm scared all the time and it's not because of the events that have happened recently, although that is slightly traumatic. I'm scared of being weak, I'm scared of being venerable— I just don't want to be taken advantage of, not again. You know my background and you know what happened...it's been years since that happened, but I'll still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Besides, I've been having a hard time trusting other people— I feel like they're going to use me. On top of that, I have been feelings drained every second of the day, it's like there's liquid lead in my blood because my limbs feel so heavy. I feel intense hopelessness and I find it hard to get out of bed every morning, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I shouldn't keep things hidden from you, I just don't want to be a burden on you and I don't want to be selfish with your time."

Cetus looked at me with wide eyes and a shocked expression, but then his gaze calmed and he gave me a small smile. Cetus got up from his lawn chair, gave me his hand, and pulled me up— he just wrapped his arms around me and rubbed circles on my back.

"It's okay, (y/n), just let it out. It's okay...not to feel okay." Cetus whispered calmly in my ear.

And just like that, I started to cry...I actually started to cry...I haven't cried for years. Cetus just held me in silence while I cried into his chest. How could I feel so comforted and sad at the same time?