⏤𝙗 𝙚 𝙜 𝙧 𝙪 𝙙 𝙜 𝙞 𝙣 𝙜

Beginne am Anfang

⇢ Finally getting to see the sweet wolf relax and feel some peace of mind was worth the difficulties.

⇢ It's become routine now. Every two days, you and Namjoon would take a walk together so long as the weather wasn't heavy rain, harsh snow or dense fog. Sometimes, he'd prefer to go by himself or you wouldn't be able to go with him because of work piling up. Other times, he would see that you were getting stressed and work up enough courage to invite you on a walk outside, even if it isn't the time you would usually go out.

⇢ Over time, your quaint excursions became your paradise. Neither of you felt the obligation to talk or think, allowing for a comfortable and serene silence to overcome the two of you. It blanketed the atmosphere and gave you both the chance to fully immerse yourselves in the soft melody of nature.

⇢ Everything felt alive around you. But it didn't disturb your mind, it only helped to calm you down. There's something about nature that's just so calming.

⇢ Since it was now springtime, many flowers and greenery have blossomed and flourished around the footpath. It made the air smell fresh and sweet. It's an unblemished saccharine scent that you don't think you'll ever tire of.

⇢ Looking up at the wolf hybrid beside you, it appears as though he's fond of the scent too; his ears occasionally twitch in delight as his nose is turned up to take in more of the air.

⇢ Judging from the tree stump you had just passed, you were already several meters deep into the tree line and definitely out of the view of your house. This marks that you're entering another level of peace.

⇢ Knowing this, you take a deep breath, which Namjoon soon follows after with one of his own. You're about to giggle at his endearing action when the male in question suddenly tenses up beside you.

⇢ "Joonie?" you voice, worry creeping over your bones. Despite the sweet nickname you call him by, it doesn't fluster him like usual, in fact, he appears to look all the more on edge, "What's wrong?-"

⇢ "Someone else is here," he's practically growling through clenched teeth as you inhale sharply. How could someone get in? The woodland is a perfectly natural defense and has a onesided slope that's really too steep for anyone to climb without any proper skill. In addition, the front side of your house had tall gates and a security camera.

⇢ Sensing your curiosity, Namjoon quells it instantly, "it's another hybrid,"

⇢ That certainly explains things.

⇢ "What do we do?" your voice wavers with uncertainty, "do they need help? Or are they a threat?"

⇢ Although, when meeting Taehyung, you were calm and friendly, that was only because of his sweet demeanor. Just from the look in his eyes and his stuttering speech, you could tell that he didn't mean you any harm. However, this was an unknown hybrid that you can't judge from the safety of your home. You would like to help them, should they need it, but you can't tell if they're going to react aggressively to your advances or not.

⇢ "Don't worry, I'll scare them away,"

⇢ "But what if they need our help?" the tall male sighs. He knows how much you want to help others, that's the primary reason why you smell like strawberries and cream, but he can't afford to lose someone that's become so precious to him and the rest of his pack. He knows he can very easily fight another hybrid, that's why he was elected the leader of the pack but having the responsibility for you - someone that's more valuable than anything there is to come by - it was a lot of pressure.

⇢ Seeing your desperate look, however, Namjoon quickly succumbs to your silent plea.

⇢ "I'll protect you then," he smiles down at you in reassurance. It was just what you needed. You couldn't help but return the favor with a smile of your own, but yours is one of gratitude.