16 | husband and wife

The wedding song played beautifully as the church door open and all eyes were glued on your entrance. It was finally the day of your wedding, and you took a deep breath before taking another step, savoring the moment. Moments later, you walked down the aisle on your own, with a bouquet in your hands.

Usually, in these moments, you'd expect yourself to feel overwhelmed with your emotions but this time, all you felt was pure bliss, seeing Kei waiting in the altar. As you got near, you started to see his expression crystal clear. He was suppressing his smile with a futile attempt of a frown and a bite on his lower lip, but eventually gave in. He covered the lower portion of his face, still staring at you, his bride. He chuckled underneath, perhaps trying not to appear so emotional.

You laid down your bouquet and you were already facing the love of your life, Kei Tsukishima. At this point, you caught yourself holding back your tears piling up, with your vision getting a little clouded for it. You smiled and let out a soft giggle, before a tear run down your cheek.

The ceremony went on as it should and you looked at the guests, surveying who was there to celebrate with you. Of course, those seated in front were your family and the bridesmaids; Yachi was your maid of honor.

On Kei's side, the same could be said. His mother, brother and other relatives were in front, along with Yamaguchi, the best man, without a doubt. Almost the entire Karasuno team of your batch was there though Nishinoya couldn't go. Even his friends from other teams were there, including Kuroo and Bokuto. You couldn't ask for more.

"Do you Tsukishima Kei, take this woman Y/N, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?" it was time for your vows.

"I do," he answered without a trace of hesitation.

"Do you Y/N, take this man Tsukishima Kei, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honor and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

You looked at him with a smile, "I do."

"If there be anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let him speak now or forever hold his peace."

You lifted your left hand as Kei held it, and once again, your tears were piling up. You looked at him and if your eyes weren't deceiving you, Kei was getting emotional as well. With the wedding ring already on your left ring finger, it was your turn to put the ring on him. He was a little shakier this time but you held his hand firmly and smiled before placing the ring on his finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

As silly as it sounds, you smiled bashfully, almost like it'd be your first kiss. Kei crouched down and pulled you closer with his arm on your waist since the heels you were didn't suffice for your height difference. You tilted your head, now ready for the kiss, and closed your eyes, leaning forward for a kiss.

You only noticed the noise of hands clapping at the background when you broke the kiss. You still had your gaze fixated at Kei, now your husband, until it was time to take a picture. You grabbed your bouquet as Kei held you closer, placing his hand on your waist once again.

You walked down the aisle with Kei and locked arms with him. You exited the church and saw the guests waiting on the stairsteps. You out on a big smile as you threw the bouquet, and watched who'd get it.

"Y-Yachi!" you exclaimed, and looked at Kei, who was smirking at Yamaguchi.

"Let's take pictures!" your mother said loudly, tapping the photographer.

- - - - -

10 minutes before the wedding reception, you were assisted by Yachi with preparing. You just wanted a quick change of your hairstyle, nothing too drastic.

"Yachi, thanks again," you told her while you sat in front of the dresser, "I was really anxious about how everything will go."

"Don't worry about it, I'm really happy for you, you know," she smiled and sat next to you.

"Are you ready with your speech?" you asked.

"Yes, it's so good you'll get emotional," she joked.

"I actually might cry again, but I don't want to ruin my makeup. Go easy on me."

"Y/N-san, it's time," the wedding planner, Takahashi, informed you.

"Loosen up, just relax," Yachi told you as you stood up.

You walked to the entrance with Yachi, who had to line up way in front for the entrance of the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Kei also just arrived and stood beside you.

"Ready?"

"Yep, I'm ready, Kei," you smiled at him as he offered to lock arms.

You could hear the muffled sounds of the host speaking on the microphone, it was definitely just the entrance remarks. Right after, the door opened and Yachi and Yamaguchi's line started to move forward.

After them, of course, came your big entrance with Kei. As you heard your queue, you walked with Kei and waved shyly at some of the guests. The program, fortunately, was followed without a problem. Next was the cake-cutting, a tradition you insisted on before the meal. That part didn't take too long, especially when you yourself were already craving for the food.

"You look so surprised with the food," Kei teased you, "We tasted and picked all these."

"Yeah, but all those were samples. These are really good," you expressed how impressed you were.

Your favorite romantic music played as you ate with him and you enjoyed your view there, seeing how joyful and enjoyable the experience was not just for you, but for your friends and family as well. Some of the kids were playing at the back, and even Kei's youngest cousin, Tatsuro, was making acquaintances with your younger cousins. Meanwhile, it was like a mini reunion for your batch in Karasuno.

After everyone ate, the hall's lights were turned off, placing everyone's attention on the screen in front. It was the same day editing of your wedding earlier. You didn't realize how emotional you actually looked a while ago and your heart fluttered as the clip of the wedding kiss played.

Later on, the host began to take over the microphone again and moved on to the next part of the program. It was time for the best man and maid of honor to deliver their speeches.

"Let us welcome to the stage, the best man, Yamaguchi Tadashi!" the host excitedly spoke.

"Ah, hello everyone," Yamaguchi started his speech, "I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi and Tsukki has been my bestfriend ever since we were in elementary. Actually, looking back now, I initially wanted to friends with him because I wanted to be as cool as Tsukki, and you know, he's still pretty cool. And for my bestfriend's gorgeous bride, the love of his life, I'm sure there is no other lady perfect for Tsukki but Y/N-san. Tsukki's more of a tsundere, sort of, heh."

"Hey," Kei furrowed his brows and clicked his tongue, further proving Yamaguchi's point.

"But he's really different when he's with Y/N-san. It still surprises me sometimes," he continued, "I've seen their relationship develop, from the small pastries Y/N-san used to make for Tsukki, 'til now, where these two are finally tying the knot. I sincerely wish you a long and happy married life, Tsukki, Y/N-san."