8 | im home!

"Congratulations!" Yachi exclaimed amidst the noise of the crowd as she waved excitedly.

You were seated outside the restaurant with Kei beside you when you saw Yachi approaching with a few familiar people, Yamaguchi, Azumane Asahi, Sugawara Koshi and Sawamura Daichi.

"Thank you," you bowed your head as they sat on the vacant chairs.

They all greeted and congratulated you and you greeted them back politely, a lot of them were older than you. 

"Sorry Tanaka couldn't come, he's too busy planning his own wedding," Daichi informed you, "He's so excited about it."

"It's okay, I know he'd just nag m-"

You nudged Kei, who was showing his salty side again. 

"It's okay, we understand that," you interrupted Kei.

"What's with the wedding talk nowadays, why is everyone getting married?" Sugawara commented, "But hey, congrats again!"

"Thank you."

"Can I see your ring?!" Yachi requested, grabbing your left hand already.

"You're already looking at it, though," you chuckled as she stared, "I really like it."

"Yeah, I mean, it's super pretty," she commented, admiring it, "Makes me wanna get married too!" she jokingly said.

"You have to get yourself a boyfriend first, Yachi," you reminded her, then looking at Yamaguchi with a prankish smile.

"Hey, I know that, you don't have to emphasize it."

"Don't worry, you'll have one too someday," he comforted her anxiously.

"Anyways, let's order, it's my treat," you added and looked through the menu.

"No, I'll pay," Kei told you and flipped through the pages of his menu.

"How manly!" you teased.

Kei responded with a scoff and his subtle head shake, not even trying to make a comeback.

"Well, how long have you two been together again?" Daichi asked.

You looked at Kei, expecting him to answer in your stead.

"Huh?" he looked at you and tilted his head, unwilling to answer questions about your relationship. He knew very well that he's going to get teased for it. After all, they were all used to him doing the teasing and intimidating.

"6 years next week," he answered reluctantly, not making eye contact to any of them.

"Woah, it has been that long," Sugawara commented, "I'm getting old."

"I didn't know Tsukishima could be that sweet though, I mean, getting married and all," Daichi teased, as Kei expected.

"Oh, he could, senpai," Yachi spoke with a smile on her face, ready to join in the fun in teasing him.

"The other day, he texted me with a really weird message, it surprised me!" Yachi added, not noticing the waiter behind.

"What did he say?" Daichi asked.

"Oh, food, just in time," Kei said in relief while the waiter placed the food on the table.

"Itadakimasu!" 

Soon after, you observed Yachi whispering something to Yamaguchi, looking quite mischievous. As you took a bite, they suddenly remember the interrupted conversation, the one with the text message.

"Ah, I still remember his message," Yachi exclaimed.

"And that is?"

"H-How do proposals work?" Yachi answered in an overly dramatic tone, parodying Kei being a tsundere.

"It was shocking! You see, by now, I thought he had a perfect plan already or something," she added.

"Tsukki also messaged me on that," Yamaguchi shared in a softer voice, trying not to laugh.

"Hey, Yamaguchi!" Kei called his name in an obviously irritated tone.

"Heh, sorry, Tsukki," he said and scratched his head unapologetically.

"And you know, I even introduced him to Tomone-san," Yachi revealed, now getting more of your attention.

"So, this is where she comes in," you thought and listened carefully.

"Tomone? The Tomone?" Asahi got surprised.

"Why? Is she like a celebrity or something?" you asked yourself.

"Yeah! She's really good in jewelry customization, she takes commissions."

"How do you know her, Asahi?" Sugawara asked.

"Well, she's quite well-known in fashion, in Miyagi, at least," he elaborated.

"Customization? So, your ring is even customized?" Yamaguchi exclaimed, just after his realization, "How romantic, Tsukki!"

"It is?" you looked at Kei, who just took another bite of his meal.

"What?" he asked in a muffled voice.

"It's customized?" you titled your head and raised a brow, expecting a response from him.

Upon hearing your one-word question, his cheeks were suddenly in a soft shade of pink, until he got even redder.

"He's blushing?! Why?!" you asked yourself as you stared.

"It's nothing," he disregarded the question.

"Really?" Yachi mischievously butted in.

"Y-yes, really," he repeated, still blushing.

"Tsukishima's actually blushing huh," Sugawara whispered to Daichi, it was then again something they're not used to.

Suddenly, you were interrupted by the ring of your phone.

"Oh, sorry," you apologized as you rummaged through your bag to find your phone.

"It's fine, you should get it," Kei reassured you.

You picked up your phone and stood up, pressing the answer button on the call of an unknown number. You wondered who it was.

"Hello?" you muttered.

"Honey, I'm home!" you heard an energetic voice exclaiming excitedly.

"Mom?!" you instantly recognized her voice.

"Mom?!" Kei blurted out, almost choking on his water.