Rose blushed deeper than before if that was possible. "Well, you see..." She started nervously. "In Ancient Greece, a man throwing an apple to a lady was considered a marriage proposal, and if the lady accepted it, it meant that she agreed to the proposal..." She explained, cheeks still flushed as she shifted from one foot to the other, her eyes firmly on the shiny red apple she was holding. "I thought you already knew..." She mumbled.

Marvolo stilled. "Oh."

"Oh?" Rose narrowed her eyes. "That's it? That's all you are going to say? Oh?"

"Yes." He replied simply before smirking. "I guess that this is good in one way. At least now I don't have to propose to you under the stars today as I had originally planned." He said. "And I can also now sell the huge diamond ring I bought earlier for a pretty good price." He added as an afterthought.

Rose's eyes widened before she punched him on his shoulders with force. "Don't you dare! I want a magnificent proposal, something I can tell our children in the future-"

"Children?" Marvolo asked with a frown.

"-Yes, four of them. A boy, twin girls and another boy. All of them named after stars, as dictated by the Black family tradition. Now, anyway, where was I? Oh yes-"

"You have put quite a lot of thought into this," Marvolo replied dryly.

"-I know. I'm a girl, Marvolo. I don't mean to sound sexist, but I had finished planing my wedding by the time I was in middle school. Now getting back to the original point, I want a beautiful proposal, and while I like the idea of the stars, you just had to be an idiot and spoil it for me... So think of another idea and propose to me properly, and surprise me!!" She said strongly.

------> 0o0 <------

He didn't propose until four and a half months after that.

It was Valentines Day, and the two of them, Nagini, the Malfoy's, the Longbottom's, the Weasley's and the Lestrange's (who by the way were exchanging glares with the Longbottom's the whole time) and Snape went on a 'family' trip to Rome (credits for planning the trip goes to Lady Malfoy, Lady Black, Fleur Weasley and Lady Hannah Longbottom).

Marvolo had insisted that they visit the Roman Colosseum at night, claiming that it would look even better all lit up.

So when they had entered the Colosseum, Marvolo had dragged Rose right to the middle of the amphitheatre, and inside a heart-shaped candle set up.

"Marvolo..." Rose trailed off with a confused expression, having forgotten about the incident that had occurred a few months ago.

"Did you know that the Roman Colosseum had originally hosted only gladiator duels and public executions?" He asked instead.

"Yes," Rose said, brows still frowned in confusion.

Marvolo gave her a soft smile. "Well now, it can also boast that it has also hosted a display of love..."

He got down on one knee. Rose gasped and a hand flew to cover her mouth. Nagini slithered into the candle-lit heart as well, pushing a small box in front of her.

Marvolo opened that velvet container revealing a beautifully-cut diamond ring.

"Did you know that the phrase, 'I took an arrow to the knee' is an old Norse slang for getting married? That's why men get down on one knee to propose." She said. Rose was practically bouncing on her feet with a huge smile on her face.

Marvolo chuckled before smiling softly. "Rose?"

"Yes?" She sang excitedly, swaying lightly on her feet.