Chapter 19

I recommend looking for the full video on youtube and listen to it while reading

*play video upon cue

===Hiccup===

Today's the day, the day Heather and I came to Berk for. The day Aaron, Skylar and Nikolai traveled across the sea for. The day I've been training for. The day where I have the chance to truly bring honor to the Haddock name as a Viking -the Thawfest Games.

Heather and I woke up bright and early to have breakfast at my house. I went for a light meal of bread, butter and milk and a heck of a lot of those orange fruits for the advantage. Heather even took the liberty of feeding Toothless for me while I warmed up.

"You ready for this?" She asked me as we walked out of the house with Windshear and Toothless in tow.

"Hey, cous. You ready for today?" My cousin asked me before I could answer, with Skylar, Nikolai and their dragons behind them.

"As I'll ever be." I replied nervously, as the thought of my last Thawfest three years ago crossed my mind.

"Hey, if you're worried about losing yourself again, this time, all four of us will be right here ready to slap some sense back into you." Nikolai assured me, as if he could read my mind.

"Thanks guys." And we all set off for the academy.

When we got there, the first thing that caught my eye was Fishlegs' Gronckle Orchestra set up on the cliff next to the arena. He had a metal xylophone with him, which he used yesterday to help us practice our tricks and the day before to train the Gronckles. He had about 20 Gronckles there, which I'm a little concerned about.

"Okay, I'm not the only one thinking that those many Gronckles could possibly cause an earthquake here on the island,r right?" Skylar read my mind.

"You're not the only one, bro." Nikolai agreed

"Makes me thankful I'm performing up in the air." Heather commented before we went inside the arena, where everyone else was waiting for us.

"We all set, Fishlegs?" I asked him.

"The Gronckles are warmed up and ready. All that's left is for your father to open the Thawfest Games." Fishlegs replied.

"Okay, everyone knows what to do, right?" I asked them, and they nodded.

And moments later, my father officially opened the Thawfest Games.

Here we go.

"Welcome everyone, to the annual Thawfestival Games, where each of our tribes young warriors will compete in a series of challenges to test their strength, wit and skill. And, after three years of absence, my son Hiccup will be competing once again in the name of Haddock." Dad began.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He just had to mention that, didn't he. Now, all eyes will be on me. Great -note the sarcasm.

"And to officially open this year's Thawfest, it is when great pleasure that I present to you, The Dragon Riders with their guests -my nephew, Aaron, my Godsons, Skykar and Nikolai, with their Night Furies and my future daughter-in-law, Heather and her Razorwhip, in a special air performance to commemorate this glorious day!" He introduced us.

And the crowd cheered.

Really, Dad? You just had to say that, too?

From the corner of my eye, I could see Heather blushing. As adorable as that looked, we had a show to put on.

"Alright guys. Let's Go!" I instructed and we took off to the sky.

On my signal, Fishlegs started the music