XLVIII. A new dawn

Start from the beginning

    I nod slowly, frowning. "Vampires can turn off the part that's human," I tell her. 

     "Alina." Elena scolds. I roll my eyes, looking back at Jenna. 

     "That's the part that hurts," I add. 

Jenna nods, tears coming to her eyes. "I'm gonna die, aren't i?" 

    "No!" Elena argues, shaking her head. "Jenna, we're not going to let that happen. I don't care what i have to do." I hear a twig snap and someone screams. I stand up, looking into the woods.

     "Whos' that?" Jenna frowns. 

"That must be the werewolf," I say, still watching the woods. My eyes widen when i see Jules being pushed out. Karma really does come full circle, doesn't it?

     "What's happening to me?" Jules glares as another circle is raised around her. 

    "I did a spell to slow down your transformation." Greta smirks, "Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." I smirk in satisfaction as Jules groans in pain. 

    "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature." Elena seethes. "it's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." 

     "My duty is to Klaus!" She argues. "The new order." I see someone move out of the corner of my eye and i instantly glare at them, it's Klaus.

    "Glad to know i still have a dance partner." He smirks. He looks at all four of us, smiling, "Hello my lovelies, are we ready?" I see another person walk out and it's Lili. I frown and she gives me a sympathetic look. but i know why she's on his side, they're family. 
     She pulls the moonstone out of her pocket, handing it to Klaus. 

     "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this." He whispers. He hands the Moonstone to Greta, "I hate to part with it." 

     "The moon has passed its apex," Lili says, looking up to the sky. "It's time." 

     "Do you remember everything you have to do?" Greta asks Klaus. 

     "I remember." Klaus nods. Greta drops the moonstone onto the Altar and Jules cries out in pain as a spark of light flashes, fire starting. Greta starts to chance and Jules looks up at me. 

     "Everything i did, i was just trying to help Tyler. I didn't want him to be alone!" 

      "I know." I nod, "It's okay." We all know she's about to die, she just wants to go in peace, and that's what everyone deserves. 

    "Shall we?" Klaus grins, looking down at Jules. The fire around her starts to go out and Jules growls, trying to run away. But it's no use, Klaus quickly catches her, plunging his hand into her chest, i gasp, stepping back. I watch as they stare at each other for a moment, and then he rips her heart out. A tear falls from my eye as Jules lurches forward before falling limp.
     Klaus looks over to us with a proud smile and i look to Jenna in fear. Klaus walks over to Greta, holding Jules' heart over the fire and squeezing it, blood pouring out. 

     Jenna looks over to us and sighs, "The day the lawyers called to tell me that i was going to become your guys' guardian, you know what my first thought was?" Elena and i shake our heads and she lets out a small laugh, "Isn't there someone else who can do this?" 

      "Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten us through all of that," I assure her, becoming teary-eyed. Jenna shakes her head. 

     "It's just the thought that i almost passed up taking care of you."