two

ONE

ISN'T IT NICE TO THINK THAT TOMORROWIS A NEW DAY WITH NO MISTAKES IN IT YET?L

IS A NEW DAY WITH NO MISTAKES IN IT YET?
L.M. MONTGOMERY, ANNE OF GREEN GABLES

ASPEN COLLAPSED on the sofa in her apartment as soon as she got home. She wasn't sure how she would handle working at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes full time when even an hour in the place tired her out from all the chaos. Fred and George amazed her in that sense - they seemed to never run out of energy, taking on the humungous role of joy-givers in what was the darkest time since her childhood, when Voldemort had first run free.

A head poked out from the kitchen, and she looked up hopefully to catch eyes with her sister. Alessia Andrews was Aspen's fifteen year old sister, although depending on her mood, she oftentimes felt more like a daughter or a best friend. Her brunette hair was scraped up into a messy half-bun that fell out in wisps around her ears, and she was clad only in a pair of loose pyjamas. She'd always looked older, Aspen noted even now, and yet the gleeful smile on her face rejuvenated her every time it kissed her full lips.

Alessia stood, holding out a plate of pancakes that were smothered in so much syrup that Aspen was unsure if there were even pancakes there after all. She carried them into the room as Aspen pushed herself up on the sofa, her head lolling back against the seat lazily as she stifled a yawn.

"So... how'd it go?" Alessia asked, offering her a cheeky smile as she threw herself down onto the sofa.

"I got the job," she smiled, snatching one of the two forks from the plate before stabbing harshly into the exterior of the first pancake.

"You did?" Alessia cheered, twisting to face her sister more as an ear-splitting grin overtook her face. "Does that mean you can bring me home free WonderWitch products?"

"What the hell is WonderWitch?" Aspen asked with a mouth full of pancake. "And didn't that cow in the pink ban all their products last year?"

Alessia scoffed, rolling her eyes as she picked up her fork and cut off a small corner of her own pancake. She was always trying to watch her weight, and Aspen could never understand it. She supposed that's just what teenagers did, but she always made sure to sneak her extra chocolate and give her the dinner plate with larger servings when she knew her sister was struggling.

"You're such an old woman!" She complained, making Aspen laugh and almost choke on her food. "You mean Umbitch. She's gone now, remember?"

"Hey! Watch your language, young lady."

Aspen slapped her sister's arm playfully, attempting to parent her like their mother would have done, but it was no use. Alessia didn't care enough about her sister's half-assed attempt at a punishment to stop cussing.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, WonderWitch. It's a range the twins made. Aren't they so clever? They do love potions, and beauty products and everything!" She sighed dramatically, a girlish smile hovering on her lips.