Chapter Three: Who Are You?

Dwights P. O. V

Our breathing was still heavy since we were just in a little situation were we could of died. Well more me then him.

Okay, calm down...

I said to myself in my head as I leaned back on the hay I was sat on. Once my breathing was okay again I looked down at the guy who was sitting on a bit of hay on the floor. He was leaned back, now that I've got a slight closer look he looks even more intimidating. His eyes are just... Creepy... It was like the woman's we had seen earlier but they weren't that cold. They seemed a little softer than that woman's. He doesn't look that much older than me. Who is this guy?

I let my thoughts run wild not even noticing that we had made eye contact for the whole time. At the realisation I took my eyes away from his, looking down at the hay before moving my hand up a little to my face cheeking my nails before I stared to bite at them. (one nail). I could still feel the guy watching me. I get that he's probably weary of me because we've just meet, but should I be the one hiding since he could kill me easily if I tried anything. But I guess me must of noticed my uncomfortable feeling. Clearing his throat he got my attention.

"So, who are you?" He asked looking at me for a second before scratching the back if his neck before looking at me again, waiting for me to reply. I stared at him for a second before placing my hand on my knee. Letting out a nervous sigh.

"I-I'm Dwight, Dwight Fairfield..." I said mumbling my name a little just because his gaze feels like he's cutting a whole into you. "Oh... And thanks for helping me earlier..." I nervously smiled before looking at him, he had a little smirk, and I have no idea why, was it because of the way I'm acting?

"No problem, you needed the help. My name is David King." He said smiling for a little longer before the smile slightly faded as I was basically refusing to make eye contact with him. "So, what did you do to upset a lady like that?" He questioned as he laughed a little, shaking his head like it was hard to believe that I upset her. I probably did, this probably is her home/land, and I was walking on it.

"I-I don't know..." My thoughts began to think of things that I could of done but that was the only one I could think of. I looked at the man as he and one eye borrow cocked in disbelief. "I... Really don't know... I was just walking around to find my way out and she came out of nowhere and threw a hatchet at me."I slightly panicked as the thought of her watching us right now crossed my mind, making me look out of any cracks in the barn wall. Making the man look at me like I'm crazy. I probably am going crazy since I'm left alone in the woods with a woman who apparently wants to kill me and a man who I don't even know.

"Huh?" He sat up a little catching my attention again. "Just relax a little. I don't think she knows where we went." He said with an actual friendly smile. It's surprising how he actually doesn't look that intimating anymore. Relaxing again, I smiled back and nodded.

"Yeah, do you know where we are?" I quietly asked him as I felt a little more comfortable around him now. His face softened as he looked at me in slight confusion.

"No, the last place I was in was Manchester." He said picking up a little strand if hay, playing with it like he was about to get lost in thought. But he didn't, he just sighed and put the piece of hay down and laid on his back, placing his hands behind his head." We should get some rest. "His words seemed to be kind, they also sounded disappointed.

I nodded my head before laying on my side, having my back facing him. It was pretty cold, hopefully we can get out of here soon.

***

Waking up to nothing but a bit off hay really is depressing. I don't even remember falling asleep! I turned my head to David to see if he was still there and surprisingly he was. He was still sleeping, sleeping to peacefully. I was watching him for a few seconds before he turned slowly waking up. At the same time I could hear footsteps, almost like someone was running. They were getting closer in till David suddenly jumped up acting like a human shield blocking the person at the barn door.

"What the fuck?" I heard a females voice almost like she had been attacked. David closed his eyes and sat back down before looking at her again.

"Who are you?" He asked.