09 *TADASHI*

Ok this story has over 1.5k views and I'm really happy! Thank you everyone for reading! I hope you enjoy this part! I really love writing this story 🥰
————

You were joined by Hiro and Gogo soon after you got in line for Tacos. 

"Hey you guys, how everyone?" Gogo was a lot warmer today, it seemed that she trusted. You noticed after yesterday she was a lot warmer to you, but she could also just be having a good day. 

"We are planning on tacos for today, hows that sound?" Fred said while throwing an arm around you, you felt awkward at first but it was Fred. He seemed the type to be friendly towards anybody who he deemed trustworthy. He seemed a bit of a bro, to be honest. 

"Sounds amazing, I've been craving anything but my aunt's cooking, not that it's bad, just need a bit of a change, fast food will do me good!" Hiro was down and you smiled at him. 

"Aunt Cas's food is the best, I'll tell her what you said," Tadashi appeared and Honeylemon by his side. Again, they seemed so close. 

"Please no, I've been looking forward to eating here since yesterday, Aunt Cas packed us lunch but today she was too busy luckily!" Hiro was easy to like, the way he talked made you like him. He was a good kid. The group of you laughed, you didn't notice that Tadashi was eyeing Fred's arm that was around you. 

"Where's Wasabi?" You asked looking around, at this point others started to look around with you. 

"Maybe his class went over?" Gogo offered, you nodded.

"Why, what's up?" Tadashi asked offhandedly. You shrugged. 

"Just making sure I remember everyone's name," you said in a smaller voice than usual and this made them laugh a bit. 

"(Y/n), you are really good at remembering all of our names, I mean they are nicknames but that's the whole point, easy to remember!" Honey lemon assured you and you nodded at her. 

"I try," you shrugged and Fred took his arm off of you as he got ready to order. 

"Alright, listen (y/n), I'll cover your food tab today to show appreciation at remembering all of our names!" Fred suddenly said and you looked at him in shock. You were 100 percent preparing yourself to pay for his meal. 

"Um but-"

"No buts! I want to do something for you is all," Fred looked genuine and he pulled out a wallet. You couldn't help but to just go along with him. His confidence overtook your own. 

"Ok, but I'll pay for us next time then," you promised him, hoping that he wouldn't have to go bankrupt to pay for your lunch. Again, it's not to be rude, but did he have a job? What did he do except being a fan of science?

"Not to worry," he said before ordering, motioning for you to order as well. 

"When did they get so close?" You heard Tadashi whisper to Gogo who shrugged. You tried to pay attention to the menu board instead of what was happening around you. 

"Uhh, can I just get a taco in a bag?" they nodded at you before putting your order in. 

"Alright, let's way over there for our food," Fred lead you to the other side and you two waited for food as the others ordered. 

"Alright, I know I asked yesterday but can you explain your project again?" Fred was actually really easy to talk to, he was like a brother. So open, and trusting. It was refreshing to see. 

"My project is chemical-related, uhm chemical engineering is the broad term," he was nodding. "I want to make a fuel that is self-reliant in hopes to change our future essentially."

"Ok, so if Tadashi made me a lizard robot your fuel could make it never need a refuel or a charge?" You laughed before nodding, you couldn't help it. He was like a child looking up at a genius. He wanted things to happen and he was so fascinated. 

"Um, well if it's a machine yes. The plans are for all machinery," you looked at how his eyes widened. 

"But I will not be responsible for making you a lizard so (y/n) doesn't have yo worry about that," Tadashi appeared and you smiled at him, almost thankful he came.

"Here's the taco in a bag order!" the worker reached over and put your meal on the counter, you thanked them before grabbing it.

"Alright, I can go find a table for all of us, before it gets too full!" You said to them and heard Fred agree. You turned to go but felt a hand on your wrist preventing you from leaving. 

"My order won't take long, we'll go together," it was Tadashi, you nodded not trusting yourself to speak. 

"Hey you guys! My project is in the lab! 3 huge lasers, you thought my small one was cool huh well these ones are bigger and I have 3!" Wasabi appeared, getting into the taco line. 

"Yup, they are really huge," Tadashi was shaking his head at this. 

"Is that the huge thing he had in his car?" You asked him and he nodded.

"It's unreasonably big, I don't understand why the university allowed it to be honest," Tadashi was speaking loud enough for Wasabi to overhear and he was shaking his head. 

"Obviously because my science is important," it was kinda cute to see them bickering. Teasing each other. 

"Ah, my order," Tadashi said reaching over you to grab his own food that was in a bag. "Alright (y/n) and I will go to find a table!" Tadashi said, grabbing your wrist again and leading you ahead. You felt a blush coming onto your face at his hand over your wrist, you felt a burst of confidence and moved your hand into his own and you glanced up to see his reaction. Since he was leading you, his face was hidden but you could see a redness forming in his ears.