Piss Off, Prick

Hermione huffed as she attempted to keep up with Malfoy. His muscular long legs were pissing her off. 

"Keep up, Granger," Malfoy smirked over his shoulder. 

Hermione's hand itched towards her wand in her pocket, "Piss off, prick."

"Salazar, Granger," Malfoy grinned as Hermione fell into step with him, "I didn't think your little vanilla mind could even process such words."

Hermione felt her anger towards him build up to the point where she clenched her fists together so hard her knuckles turned white, "Are you aware of how big of a tosser you are? Do you? Does it bring you joy to know that I can't even look at you without wanting to tear your head off?"

"The sexual tension is suffocating," Draco practically beamed, "I wasn't aware I had such an effect on you, Granger."

Hermione was so overcome with anger she wanted to throw herself at the bloody blonde and punch him in the face again. 

That would only give the bastard joy and an excuse to make some sex joke. 

"You'd better watch your back Malfoy," was all Hermione managed to say through clenched teeth. 

"Color me scared, Granger."

There was nothing Hermione wanted more than to wipe that stupid smirk off of his sharp face. 

They were finally closing in on the first car of the Hogwarts Express. Anger still radiated off of Hermione while arrogance radiated off of Malfoy. 

Hermione was the first to reach the staff compartment and knocked twice before she heard a muffled, "Come in."

Hermione slid open the door and blinked in awe at the room she stepped into. There was obviously magic used to create the room since the room was at least two train cars in width. A long table ran across the middle of the room. 

McGonagall was seated at the head of the table facing Hermione and Malfoy as they entered. 

McGonagall waved them over impatiently, "Come, sit. We have much to discuss."

Hermione went around the right side of the table to sit to the left of McGonagall while Malfoy went around to sit to her right. 

McGonagall had a look on her face that made it look like she was attempting to hold back an eye roll. 

"Before we begin, I want to make one thing clear," McGonagall looked sternly at both students before saying, "You two have much authority. There are hundreds of students who will look up to you. You will wear those badges with pride and do them honor. That being said, you two are to be - at the very least - civil with each other. You two are setting an example.

"There has always been separation between houses. Slytherin and Gryffindor especially. If these students see the head boy and the head girl fighting constantly, what's to stop them? Now, give me your word you two will try to behave appropriately."

Both Hermione and Malfoy's gaze shifted to each other and their eyes narrowed slightly before Hermione sighed, breaking. 

"Of course, Professor, I'll be civil," Hermione said without a smile. 

Malfoy and Hermione were still locked in a glaring contest, but Malfoy could feel the older woman's stern eyes on him. 

"Yes, Professor. I'll try to be civil," His lip twitched in the corner as Hermione shook her head discreetly at him. 

McGonagall sighed, seemingly satisfied, "Very well. Now, the two of you will be sharing the Heads' common room. This is where you will both share a common room, a small kitchen of sorts, and a loo. Don't worry, you both will have separate dormitories."