Another laugh bubbles out of her, making my lips stretch more. "That's because we have a dish washer, mom. What's the point in hand washing them when a machine does it for you?" I owe Flynn one big hug once I'm out of Penn Sterling. Hopefully by next week since Paige and I had finalised my plan of action.

"Yeah, yeah." She dismisses my words and adjusts her grip on my hands- that she hadn't let go of the whole thirty minutes we have been speaking. "I think he slept in your bedroom, but I didn't question it since last night I was babysitting all your friends- so it was the least of my worries. Camila and Dianna have also now taken refuge in my house. They seem okay, they just all take rounds in harassing me about if I know when you're coming home."

I can't help but laugh, and try to battle down the aching in my chest from missing them all. "That definitely sounds like them." I can imagine Camila bursting with the idea of karaoke and making my mom get up to waltz with her. I've witnessed it more times than I can count. "I'm guessing they know that I'm not allowed to leave?"

A lot of things have gone wrong in my plan to get information- first adding another gruesome sight to burn my mind, then getting myself stuck here. I'm sure my friends are undoubtedly mad at me for doing all this for the Davis's.

"That's why they came to stay. I told Flynn that your doctor wants you to stay against the self admittance until further notice. I guessed he told the girls and next thing I knew my house is filled with teenagers." Mom is enjoying their company- I can see it as her eyes slowly brighten.

It's clear to me that none of them have told her why I had really come here in the first place. "They'll be keeping you on your toes, I'm sure." I say. "As for being here, I'm thinking I might be okay to leave next week sometime. I'm hoping- it's been a great help here."

I hate lying to my mom, but if she knew that I absolutely hate it here and am not benefiting from anything- she would ground me for the rest of my life. "You picked the worst time." She laughs lightly. "Laine, Matthew, and Dianna are leaving Friday night to visit relatives. Flynn told me he didn't want to go since it's distant cousins on his mom's side that he isn't close enough with to see. I have no idea what Camila is doing, but I was going to Parksvile on Saturday night. I'll cancel incase you want me to pick you-"

"No, mom." I stop her and give her hands a squeeze. "Don't cancel your plans, I'll work around them. Wait-" I pause to let my eyebrows raise because I finally understood what she was saying. "Why are you going to Parksvile. We don't know anyone out there."

Her cheeks slowly change to a light pink and her eyelids batter a few times to act normal. I can see straight through her. "I'm going with a friend-"

"A friend?" I exclaim, yet again interrupting her so her lips are left parted. "Does this friend have balls, or boobs?"

"Violet!" Mom warns and uses a free hand she takes from mine to gently flick my arm. I laugh at her flustered state- soaking in every moment of my mom being so happy about a person. It's about time she met someone. "For your information, he is just a friend. And no- before you try to interrupt me again, you're not allowed to know his name because you also know who he is."

I want to burst with joy seeing my mom so intrigued by a man- whom now I need to figure out who he is. "Mom, I once called Flynn my friend too, so I'm not going to settle for just you being 'friends' with this man. I want to know all the details about what's happening."

"No way." She denies me of what I want to know. Thankfully, our dreaded conversation we started with- about why I'm stuck here, is long forgotten. "End of that conversation. I'm here to talk about you, not me."