When her eyes met mine, she looked anguished.

Young Min sensed the tension and bid me goodbye, bowing respectfully to the three guests before scurrying off.

I got up from where I was sitting and stood up before her. “What are you doing here?” I asked stiffly.

She gulped. “Yeon Joon, I'm you friend. Remember what I said? I will always be here for you. I meant that.”

I rolled my eyes, not caring that her parents were seeing me being rude. “I think you'll forgive me if I say that I don't believe in that anymore,” I said coldly.

Anna pointed her gaze to the ground. “I haven't seen you at school.” Ugh, I hate small talk.

“Yeah, I was kind of busy with the whole funeral thing and dealing with the emotional weight of my sister being gone just like that on her birthday.” She flinched. I was coming off bitchy but I didn't care. Not anymore.

“Ah, of course.” Even her parents looked uncomfortable.

“I'm very sorry for your loss, Yeon Joon,” Mrs. Song interjected. “This won't mean much but Sun Won was a delight to have around the house,” she said sadly. “She drew an unflattering picture of my husband a a couple of months ago and I still have it pinned to our fridge,” she chuckled. “He hates it.” She pointed to Mr. Song.

In spite of myself, I chuckled. “Thank you.”

“Where is your mother? I haven't spoken to her in so long. I want to express my condolences.”

I inhaled and exhaled sharply. “She couldn't get a ticket home.”

Mr. and Mrs. Song looked appalled that my mother didn't even attend her own daughter's funeral but out of respect, didn't voice their opinions out loud. “Oh, well.” Mrs. Song smiled tightly at me and Mr. Song gripped my shoulder comfortingly.

“You can go see her if you like,” I said, gesturing to Sun Won's framed picture. They both nodded and bowed lightly at me before stepping slowly away.

Anna didn't follow them. Not that I would ever allow her to. She stayed rooted in her spot and kept her gaze low. “I'm sorry,” she said, blinking away tears.

“I got the memo. You've been sending me voice mails nonstop.”

“I-I'm sorr-”

“If I hear that one more time-” I gritted out, pulling my hair in frustration.

“Yeon Joon-”

“I don't want to hear anything from you. And I don't have anything to say to you.” I side stepped out of her way, moving away from the hall to who knows where my feet would take me.

But then I felt a hand grab my arm, preventing me from going away. I could easily move away, but I didn't. Why?

Because this would probably be the last time my (ex) best friend would touch me?

My breath hitched and I couldn't move.

“Please hear me out, Yeon Joon.” Anna begged, her voice trembling.

I withdrew my hand from her grasp and walked away. But before I could leave the hall, I called back to her without looking back. “Sun Won is a kind-hearted child who would forgive you, so I'll let you see her and maybe pray for her, I don't care. But I will never forgive you for this. Goodbye.” I say with finality and exit the hall.