Chapter 13: The Hunt!

Start from the beginning

'Wow!' Raka was having fun. This rabbit was no match for him. The only thing that did go for the rabbit was that it did not lose any of its speed. Raka decided to take a hit and learn how much damage it would cause.

% You have taken damage! 25 Life lost. %

His armor had taken most of the sting out its head on horned attack. But still, he lost 25 Life.

'Hmm so I can get hit about 6 times. Considering that damage might vary between attacks, I can probably take 4 hits safely. But my recovery is slow, and I don't know any healing spells, so not getting hit is still ideal.'

After that he simply waited for the rabbit to attack again, and swung his staff, aiming for its bloody head once again. Another Smash! and the rabbit fell down motion less.

'Hmm. This is a problem.' He could not see the Life bar of the rabbit. Usually, it was standard that you could see those HP or MP bars of any monster and when you hit, it got reduced. Which kindof helped you. But in this fight he could not see any bars. In fact, he hadn't been able to see them the first time either, now that he thought about it. Another thing which he wondered about was...'where is the loot!' The rabbit he had killed the first time, and even now had dropped nothing!

'Was there another skill which he had to learn!!' He pondered. Wondering if it was required urgently or if he could proceed like this, 'Well in any case, now I can easily defeat horned rabbits in about 5 to 6 hits so they shouldn't be a problem.' Another thing he had noticed. Animals do not disappear like monsters in other games. Even the last time when Lady Altia brought animals with her and also when he killed that horned rabbit on the hill, they hadn't disappeared like you expect monsters to do after they die. 'Well I should atleast get the meat out!' But just then....

%

Bloodlust! Animals in the area are being attracted by the scent of blood.

Bloodlust increases 15%. Animals will attack in a frenzy.

%

'Eh.......................! What the hell' and he quickly looked around as he found a bunch of horned rabbits coming out from the surrounding trees. '5.....6...7....' he was surrounded by seven horned rabbits in an instant. Raka just had one thought, 'Shit!!'.

'First rule in fighting many enemies, do not let them surround you,' he remembered Lady Verina's words. Raka ran in one direction, soon found a broad enough tree and took it at his back. He made a stance. He could not stick very close to the tree though, he would not be able to move his staff very much, but atleast it will limit the attacks from behind. "If I am going to die, I am going to kill as many of you as I can"...he yelled. 'Well it is kind of a cliche' he thought in his mind. The most he is going to lose were some stats but right now, with the fear pumping his adrenaline and his excitement...he didn't care about cliches.

The rabbits soon attacked. Teeth shining, mouth wide open drooling, eyes looking dangerous, horns and all their fierceness on display. Raka moved. He held his staff at one end and swung it. And smashed it on the rabbits. It hit a few of them and they fell to the ground. He quickly drew his staff back and with the other end, hit another one who was coming in the other direction. Without looking to see what happened to it, he rotated and the staff took down two more rabbits. But two reached him and he saw his Life bar reducing from their attacks.

"Ignore all messages!" Raka couldn't care about it right now. He moved and hit their heads, just behind their horns with one end of his staff, and their heads cut open. Blood started oozing out from those cuts.

Raka didn't have time to admire his handiwork, the ones who had fallen were rising up again. But atleast they weren't attacking together now, but in groups of twos and threes. 'Staffs had two basic advantages. Range and the ability to handle multiple enemies' he remembered Lady Altia's teachings. He moved his hands again, elongating the other end and moved to hit one of the rabbits attacking him, the one in the middle. The rabbit tried avoiding to the side but being in the middle, it simply hit the others and fell back, taking his attack. Raka quickly swung his staff to one side, hitting the one on the left. Rotating, as if in a single movement, he hit the one on the right.