Finale: Geoffrey McCullum

Start from the beginning

"I understand that but... do you at least consider him somewhat of a friend?"

Contemplating my question, Geoffrey sighed before responding, "I suppose so. I do not love him, nor do I hate him. I assume that we are in a neutral territory of friendship. He can make a good ally when it comes to hunting other skals or vampires, I must add."

"Ah, I see. Neither friend or foe, more of a respectable acquaintance?"

"I suppose you can say that."

"Hmm..." I hummed, "I'm pleased that you don't feel such hate around him, that's bad on your precious heart, Geoffrey."

"I know but what can I say? London needs a savior for this vampire menace and I'm the answer."

"Of course you are."

Smiling, I fall back deeper into his arms, gradually feeling his heartbeat against my chest. It was a rather calm, steady pace that almost repeated in a happy melody. In response, Geoffrey ran his hand up and down my back, comforting me and holding me close. His touch was invigorating and addicting since he was so gentle and delicate with my figure. Nothing can make me feel more loved than his simple touch, for it brought me great joy and reassurance. Although he coddled me like a child, it made me feel secure and grounded; as if there were no worries in the world, only serenity and love. With my mind full of ease, my heavy lids began to weigh down on my eyes as I let out a pleased hum. The feeling of contentment in the room was enveloping and pleasant, causing me to mindlessly drift off to sleep with no distress or troubles whatsoever.

Geoffrey's POV

(Y/n)'s sleeping figure laid gently on my chest, breathing slowly and occasionally humming dreamily. My fingers found their way into her (h/l), (h/c) locks, twirling them around and feeling the soft silk of every strand. Staring down at her, I watched her chest rise and fall against my own as she slept so peacefully. Her (s/c) skin glistens ever so brightly in the moonlight, as well as her long lashes and pursed, peachy lips. How lucky of a man I am to have such a beautiful woman as my lover... It almost seems surreal. Is this a delusion? No, it is a reality; a lucky one at that. How could I, a cursed creature, such as I end up with one of the fairest women in all of London? Luck must be in my favor, no doubt. Since she is the greatest gift, I know what must be done: I have to protect her at all costs. Harm must never come in her way, for what kind of savior would allow that? Most certainly, I am a vampire hunter: a slayer of all bloody beasts that plague the innocent streets of London. However, I am now a protector as well: a protector of something so sacred and gentle. It all seems so overwhelming to be both a hunter and a protector but in the end, it is worth every second of my time.

"Where would I be without you, my love?" I mindlessly mumble to myself as her peaceful figure captivates and blesses my eyes.

Inhaling deeply, I reached into the pocket of my black trousers and pulled out a white box that was adorned with a red and pink ribbon. Gently opening the small box, a golden glimmer shone brightly in the moonlight, nearly blinding my green eyes. Pulling out the golden object, the form of it became clearer: it was a golden cross necklace that I had picked up from the jewelry store after I had finished my daily hunting. Vampires, and all creatures alike, seem to be repulsed by the cross, considering it is a holy figure and wards off evil beings and spirits. My love needs to be protected when I'm not around and this cross necklace is the solution. Carefully, I wrapped the necklace around her slender neck and clasped the lock in the back. The golden necklace seemed to compliment her glowing skin perfectly, making her appear as a majestic goddess. Pulling my hands away, I returned them to her back, stroking her sleeping figure slowly and steadily.

"What a beautiful being you are," I whisper as I pull her even closer to my body.

She shifts around a bit in her sleep before returning back to her normal position, humming and releasing a small groan. Taking in her features one more time, I lay my head back onto the leather couch and feel my eyes tug downward due to my exhaustion. Hunting seemed to take more out of me than usual today but nonetheless, I am glad I can come home to my love. Although many consider me to be a heartless, cold murderer of the undead, they do not see the side that I reflect to (Y/n); mostly because they are not her. If anything, (Y/n) knows the real me and will be the only one to ever see that. She means everything to me and I will do all in my power to protect her against the bloody leeches that prowl the streets. Humming pleasantly, I felt my mind pulling me back into slumber as I held (Y/n) close. Nobody will hurt you, (Y/n), and I will make sure of it.

A/N: 

Thank you so much for reading our story! We really appreciate all the friendly comments and thank you for waiting so patiently! I hope you all enjoyed the story and perhaps look out for more stories to come in the future :) Also, please be sure to check out the Jonathan ending as well!

~ PeachySav and Raven2019