Chapter 13: Your Highness

Start from the beginning

He walked up to my and tilted my chin up with his finger so I stared into his crystal blue eyes. He began studying me, his eyes scanned up and down of me. I could hear him scoff.

"I guess I have to just test your worth." I could see a sadistic smile form on his face. At this moment I knew I was mashed potatos. Rest in peace my soul.

"You shall attend to me, if you are not of expectation I won't hesitate for you to thrown into the dungeons. So you better be on your best behaviours." Literal chills were sent down my spine as I gulp nervously. Cold sweat formed on my forehead. I nod vigorously. I could hear him chuckle darkly as he left the room. I slumped down on the bed.

'Oh Gosh, it's happening all over again. Maybe I should have just gotten myself captured. How did I even end up here. I was literally in a river far away from the castle. What is with my luck.' I mutter to myself as I groan in annoyance. A maid and butler came into my room.

"So you must be the new servant. It is a pleasure to meet you my name is Ronan.'

"I'm Lisa, Nya~. It's a pleasure to meet ya new work buddy. I'll be teaching you the basics since I heard you were basically dragged here like a wet dog."

"Actually I don't really need help, I've actually had a job similar to this before. I just need to know the layout and what work is assigned to me."

"Well that's good. We won't have to waste time explaining hpow to do basic chores. Now I'm ona scheldule so chop chop. Here is your uniform. When your done go outside."

Lisa hopped away with Ronan by her side. I was left in the large room to change. I stared down at the uniform. It was so well made, and it's just a uniform for butlers. I slip on the silky soft black uniform which I am accustomed too and tie my long locks of amethyst hair into a ponytail. I waste no time and hastily make my way out to the door.

With that I immediately got to work. My mind couldn't help but think back to how Abanus and Arai are coping. I let out an exported sigh without realising it."

"What's wrong nya~. With all that sighing your gonna get wrinkles real quick."

"It's nothing and why do you keep talking like a cat when your not even one." Demi-humans do exist in this world but apparently it happened due to experimentation, kinda like what I experienced. But these are just baseless rumours. Apparently the royal family have some sort of beast blood in their veins. I don't actually know much about the royalty into this world.

Now that I think about ti I'm going to be serving the crown prince............

Well I'm screwed.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by the energetic 'cat'.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. At least you might survive a day!"

That didn't make me feel any better. Actually now I feel more worried about my life.

"Stop scaring him Lisa. But you ought to be careful. One mistake and your dead. I heard that if you even spill a drop of tea on his clothes you'll be tortured for days. Remember Lucia you are in charge of making his tea, telling him his schedule and other personal needs. You might also be required to do some of his paperwork.

So you have to be efficient in maths. But I doubt you know any since only people with privileges to be able to attend school or have parent who are like mine who have served the royal family for decades. But I doubt his highness will give you any of that. Well I wish you luck and try not to mess up."

With that they left to attend to their own duties. I was left there flabbergasted. Well about now I should be giving him his tea. But the problem is I forgot to ask for direction to where his highness even is. I began to pace around nervously until I heard a voice from behind me.