Chapter 5: Leaving

Please v☆te for my story. Let's get a mice on now!

Lucia Mooncrest POV
I have a bad feeling about this. I walk into the dimly lit room, it had an eerie vibe which creeps me put. I see the twins grandfather sitting on an expensive looking chair crosslegged. He looked quite intimidating, I gulped nervously.

"You've done a great job taking care of my twins. But I think if you stay here any longer they will get too attached to you. Obviously I shall reward you for all your hardwork. I want you too leave after the twins are asleep, so preferably today. What would you like as a reward?" He asks with a serious tone.

What do I want, money is a must have but I should get something to protect myself since we are in the middle of the woods and I'm leaving when it's dark out. Maybe some food and a backpack.

I turn to him and tell him everything I want, he simply nods and tells a servant to get it. I am left their awkwardly staring at the old man.

We both just stare at each other awkwardly until the servant comes back. Then he gets off his chair, it creaks along the polished wooden floor. He whispers in my ear "Your quite cute, if you want I can provide you a different kind of job. Be my sex slave." A coy snile appears on his face, je licked bus lips. My nose wrinkle and my thin eyebrows arch. My eyes narrow as I listen to him prattle.

What the hell is this old man saying, I thought he was normal, he is just a pervert. That took a 180 degree turn.

He then start groping my ass. I slap his hand away. I say with venom in my voice"Don't touch me or you will regret it." He backs away while licking his lips. "Feisty I like it." Veins pulsed out of my temple. I clench my hands into a fist until it almost drew blood. My stare becomes as icy as snow. A storm was brewing inside me. I really wanna kick his ass right now. I crack my knuckles.

Suddenly the servant comes back with my supplies. I sigh in relief at the presence of someone else, the tension was killing me. It I did want to beat him up so badly.

I take all the things I request and leave the room. What was with that old man, this makes me even more reluctant to leave those children alone. What if he does something to them, I can't deft his order though, what a headache this is.

I feel so guilty that I am leaving then so suddenly. I hope they won't hate me. If I don't listen to their grandfathers orders who knows what will happeis. But he is partially correct, they shouldn't get attached to a mere servant. My eyebrows knit together. I look out at the night sky. It seems like it'll rain soon. The clouds were as dark as my mood currently was.

I saunter back into the room, they were sleeping peacefully. Their face looked extremely peaceful. The foreheads were smooth and they were breathing steadily. There chest went up and down slowly.

I go up to the bed and kiss their smooth pale forehead one last time and whisper good bye with a sorrowful tone. I hope they don't get affected to badly by this and think I'm betraying them.

I decide to leave a charm that I had made a while ago in my free time. I walk towards the large oak doors and look back at them one last time before leaveing

Great, it's raining heavily. I'm so cold and wet. Trees swayed violently in the strong current. The wind howled loudly like a tyrant. Lightning lit the skies in brilliant streaks. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards me.

I walk through the windy and dark woods. Lightning struck constantly lighting the area for a second. I heard something snap and jump back in fright. I realised I had just snapped a twig. The booming thunder resounded through the once tranquil forest. It had an eerie and creepy vibe.

I begin to track through the dark freezing woods more carefully while looking for somewhere to stay. I could see barely in the distance a cave. I begin to dash towards it but slip on the wet damp ground. My eyes squeeze shut and I groan in pain. I was covering in mud and dirt. I sigh and get up. I flinch at the pain in my knee. I touch my knee with my palm to feel it bleeding.

Just great, could my luck get any worse. When I said that I see something big coming towards. I jump up in fright and dash towards the cave.

When I get there I collapse on the floor holding my heavily beating heart. I just had to jinx myself didn't I. Sime bkises could be heard from behind me. My head cocks to the direction I heard the noise from.

I transform into my wind form. I hold my fan which has razor sharp blades. It is adorned with many precious gems. I slowly creep towards the sound. It sounded like crying?

Why is someone crying in a cave that's in the middle of the woods. What is the coincidence I find someone in the same cave I am in, there are so many others but it just had to be this one. It's like trouble likes to come to me. I knead my templed, sitting on the stone hard floor was a shivering child. There was a small fire lit, flickers of sparks could be seen. They left as soon as they came.

The small boy was also probably hiding from the rain. I crouch to his level, my eyes softening. "Are you alright dear?"

I get no response. I sit down next to him chucking more wood into the fire. The damp wood transformed into hot ribbons of light. Smoke rose up then disappeared into thin air. The warmth emitted from the fiery flames dried my soaking wet clothes.

I had transformed back since the boy seemed to he no threat. Bored, I starred humming a lullaby to myself. The boy seems to be in deep sleep now. I wrap him and myself in a blanket.

The bright flames soon dies out. The howling wind and heavy patters of the rain could be heard, but it calmed ones nerves. My consciousness soon faded into dream land.

As awoken I am greeted by a pair of beautiful amethyst eyes. I smile gently, my eyes creasing. "Morning. Oh how rude of me I haven't introduced myself. I'm Lucia Mooncrest, what's your name dear."

"I-I'm Abanus A-Arcus." The boy manages to stutter out. His head was downturned and his eyes darted around. Abanus was pale and trembling.

I get up from the hard floor and strtch my hand out to him. "Come on, let's go to the city of Irragan." The sunlight shone from behind me casting my shadow on him. He hestitated for a but but grasped his small hand into my larger hand.

I pulled him up and took him to outside the cave. Water slowly dripped from plants. Large wet puddles were scattered around the forest. The air smelled of rain. After the humangous storm a crystal clear sky was left behind. A multicoloured translucent arc towered high in the sky.

Abanus's eyes sparkled and his lips curved upwards. Although the twins won't have me anymore I'm sure they would forget me. They also have each other. I might as well explore for a but with Abanus as he seems to have no one rely on.