Chapter 13: Your Highness

Lucia Mooncrest POV

I awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes were still shut as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my blue eyes see the sun's rays.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind me. I sit up, drag my feet off the bed, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn. I watch my legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet.

I had woken up from a restless sleep due to the rough waves to glimpse at the glowing and radiant sun peaking above the horizon out of my window. It extended its vivid light across the deep crimson sky. Its dazzling and inviting rays flowed through the window providing warmth to my body. Slowly the fatigue of the long journey was seeping out of me as the welcoming rays trickled in to replacing my unrest - it relaxed my body.

My dream had ended abruptly, as I was shaken back into reality. My eyes opened, my eyelashes faintly batting against my lids when I blinked. I laid on my couch, debating whether or not I should get up. My muscles felt weak, just like my energy. I let out an exasperated sigh, groaning as I rolled off of the sepia-colored sofa I had been occupying. What time was it? How long had I been asleep? Did I have clothes on? All of these questions shot through my mind as I let out a loud yawn, ready to start (or continue) the day.

"Pouah, sugar honey lemon ice tea!" I scoffed, rolling over in my slovenly sheets as the sunlight hissed at my face. My disheveled, bright purple hair were scattered across my pillow. Eventually I got out of bed and stumbled across to the other side of the cabin as my drowsiness had still not left me. Slowly but surely, I pushed myself out of bed, letting my feet hit the cool, linoleum floor.

With a long exhale I can detect the tell tale signs that my brain is still waking from a nap, there are the vestiges of a dream, turning in nonsensical ways, grasping to remain. Then from nowhere comes the memory of where I'm supposed to be by this time and before the dream can reassert itself my feet are taking me down the knoll to the path below.

I let everything sink in and realise I'm in an unfamiliar place. I groan in annoyance. This is definitely my home, or I would be hearing explosion boy yelling and the smell of intoxicating food. My gut was telling me I should probably leave keeping in mind past experiences. Plus the interior in here was way to lavish and exquisite to be something I would be able to afford. Did some slave trader or nobel man pick me up like those twins.

I begin grabbing my hair due to the nagging feeling in my gut and worry. 'No no no not this again.' I begin to pray silently for my soul as fake tears run down my face. 'How is it I get myself into these situations. I was about to make a run for it.

But sadly, it was to late. The humongous wooden door burst open. Revealing a short male with a stoic face. He looked so adorable I wanted to pinch his cheeks. It was quite adorable if I do say so myself for a child to try and act mature. I couldn't help but chuckle a little but disguised it as a cough as they seem to be of high status.

There was just awkward silence. My butler mode activated, I did have past experience addressing people of higher status.

"Good morning your grace. I am forever in your debt for saving my lowly life" I had gotten onto the floor and knelt as to show I meant no harm and was being respectful.

"You seem to have healed well peasant." In my mind I coughed out the fake tea I was drinking, a little rude but he is so similar to Sora or was it Sky. They both mean the same thing.

"Yes I have, it is all due to your grace."

"Now you owe me since I did save your pathetic life. Also even if you left there are wanted posters of you everywhere. I could give you in for cash although I already have plenty of it. I wonder why you are so valuable."