Chapter 2: Escaping

Please v☆te for my story. Now on we go with the adventure.

It's already been 1 year in this hellish place. We still get experimented on which is really painful. Asura is growing quickly and becoming more handsome. His crimson hair is getting longer, he is almost my height. Asura is more muscular then me and stronger. He is only 13 though, I wonder what he'll be like when he is older. I feel like a proud mum.

Asura is really clingy to me, did i spoil him to much? I don't think i did, I should treat him we after all he has been through.

Asura hasn't really told me much about his past but when i asked him once about it he had a really sombre expression. He was full of rage and sadness just from me mentioning it. So i decided to not ask more about it.

I don't think i can take it anymore, i don't think I'll be able to survive in this place. So i decided today would be the day me and Asura would make our escape.

I already know this isn't going to be easy. But i have made an escape plan, i just hope it won't put Asura in too much danger. I only have one shot at this plan, if it fails I'm pretty much screwed.

Once a month they'll let us out of our cell to test if their experiment were successful or something along those lines. I overheard they were trying to create a new element or power. Maybe like a new skill, I'm not to sure this is just a speculation and rumors I heard.

This is our only chance to escape, but the thing is the security is more tighter to prevent us from making a run for it. But during this year I have slowly been weakening and rusting the cuffs so i can break it when we ecape. Asura also did that too.

The guard came in and pulled on our cuffs, he says "Time to get out wrenches, you better not try and escape or I'll beat your asses until your almost dead." I simply nod in response. He punches my face harshly which causes me to stagger backwards.

I could see that Asura was pissed off, but I quickly grab his hand tightly and look at him smiling. He blushes and adverts his eyes, he is still as shy as always.

The sun blinds me the minute we walk out into the grassy plains, the place we are being held captive is isolated but there is a forest very close to here. That is where we will escape through.

I take a deep breath. I have to find the perfect opportunity to run away with Asura. The second he turns his back to us I'll kick him in the groin and run as fast as i can. Asura is faster then me so he should be fine. One of my main worries is us getting killed, as they have a lot of weapons they can utilize.

The minute the guard turns around I immediately put my plan into action and kicked his groin as hard as I could. He fell to the floor, I broke the cuffs by smashing it against a nearby tree. The man shouted "The prisoners are on the run!' Sirens were set off, we had no time to look behind us and ran with all our might.

I could see a blast of light coming towards Asura at a rapid pace. I dashed and slammed both us to the ground. The shot still hit me though, causing me too cough out blood due to the impact.

Asura looked at me worried, I told him I was fine and had to escape. I quickly got up and continued running. I was much slower though due to my injury.

I might not make it out of here, there are so many people on our tail. I can at least try to help Asura survive. I stopped and say "Go on without me Asura, take this and go." I shove a necklace into his hand.

He looks at me with guilty eyes, I could see he was very reluctant to leave. Asura was about to say something but I interrupt him "Go now! I will find you, just keep the necklace and go. I promise I'll stay alive so you better not die. I love you."

I see Asura clutches the necklace tightly and say "You better stay alive, you promised. I love you lot too. When i see you again i need to tell you something, so stay alive." He turns and runs deeper into the forest. I could see that tears were running down his face as he said all of that.

I could hear footsteps in the distance. Their nearby i need to go. I dashed with all the strength i could muster. Soon i was at a dead end.

I was at the edge of a cliff. They pointed their weapons at me and said I should surrender. I would rather die then go back. I look at the steep cliff behind me, there was water at the bottom.

I might as well risk it, what is there to lose. I jump down and into the water. I could hear the angry roars of the men. I plummet into the icy water, all I felt was pain until i blacked out. Was this how I was going to die?

~Timeskip~
Arg my head hurts so badly, wait shouldn't i be dead by now. I hear a door slowly creak open. I quickly sit up, but suddenly i feel a sharp pain in my back causing me to groan in pain. I manage to say "Who are you? Where am I? What happened?"

I hear a voice of a male, they say "Child you sure have a lot of questions. I am the master of this household. We are currently at my residence near the city of Stellar. My men found you floating in a river, you were injured badly so they brought you here and I treated you." I try to process all the information, for some reason i feel like i have heard of that city from somewhere.

I slowly say "Thank you for saving me, but is there a reason you brought me back here. I mean you wouldn't help every stranger you see, i could have easily died and no would care or notice. So is there a catch for you saving me."

I see the old man smirk and say "You sure are smart child. Yes there is a catch. It's either you die or you take care of my two grand sons. Your answer should be fairly obvious."

This seems really sketchy. People would obviously pick to take care of some children then die. But I think likewise, if he said those two options the other option could be worse then death.

I say "I have another question. Is there something peculiar about those children? I wouldn't trust a stranger with my children unless there was something wrong with them."

I see this grin get even larger, he says "I already like you kid, you are smart for someone your age. Well my two sons are what should i say, crazy.

Their are quite fierce, they were born with special powers and can easily kill someone. They have quite the temper and can easily get triggered. I just don't know what to do with those two. That is why I am asking this of you. Please take care of my grandchildren as I can not control them. I must say if you do accept this job you must be careful. They started acting like this the day their mother betrayed them. I am their grandfather but can't live for much longer, I need someone to take care of them when i die. "

This sounds really scary, can it be as bad as that facility. I do like children and I don't want to die again. But this could be a decision i regret. I might as well try. I agree to his offer. The old man says "Thank you, i shall reward you with money or whatever you wish if it is within my capabilites. Well that is if you manage to survive.

Well here I go again, now i have to face a new challenge in my life. This isn't going to be easy, i really hate you goddess. I hope you get hit by a truck too.

The goddess POV
Achoo, did someone just talk bad about me. Oh well whatever. Now where was i with my sweets. Ohh yes, here I come chocolate chip cookies.