Under her feet, blood squelched in the black grass. 

"Shit," someone cursed behind her. 

Amira turned to see Ten drop down to one knee his red eyes flashing to blue again. When he looked up again, pain filled his eyes and Amira winced as she looked over his wounds.

"Damn, Ten," she winced as blood trickled from his multiple wounds. Ten was always the first to lose his Warfire after a battle. Amira wondered if it was because he fought so hard in each battle.

He groaned in pain as Amziel walked to them. His white blond hair was streaked with black blood and gore painted the black shirt he had on. His pain filled expression told Amira that he too had lost his Warfire. Numerous cuts and slashes painted Amziel's body. Amira could see the sweat beads on his forehead.

For some odd reason, Amira didn't think her Warfire ever stopped. While other La'ziel angels seemed to only have Warfire when they fought and lost it once they stopped, Amira felt her Warfire every minute of every hour. Her Warfire was a constant companion and was probably the reason why she didn't feel as much pain from her battle wounds. Because she hadn't heard of anyone retaining their Warfire after fighting, she never told anyone. She had learned that the best way to survive was to shut your mouth and do as you were told.

However, it did come in handy as she would always be ready. Even when her Warfire was slow and reduced to a few small flames, it protected her from some hurts.

It also made her a better fighter.

Amira glanced down at her arm, watching the long gash slowly heal, the sides of the wound knitting together to create pink flesh. She had always been fascinated by her rapid healing, even after so many wounds and battles.

Ten stood up, albeit slowly, shaking his head at her incredulously. "That is so unfair," he complained, watching as Amira dusted herself off. "How come you heal so fast?"

Amira bared her teeth at him playfully. "Maybe I'm just more powerful."

Ten snorted, his broad face squinting. "Ha. Yeah right. Amziel's more powerful than both of us."

They both looked at the blond angel who was methodically cleaning the blood off of his sword as if he was drying the dishes. Because of his quietness, most misunderstood Amziel's strength for weakness. It was a fatal mistake.

The white haired angel had a thin body but it was muscular and strong. Combined with his powerful wings, his shrewd mind and skill, he was an angel to be reckoned with. Not to mention that he had other angels going crazy over his electric blue eyes and chiseled jawline.

Ten was also a force to be reckoned with. The big angel sitting to her left was over six feet tall, as wide as a column. Ten was the brute force of their trio and he smashed his way through demons like they were feathers. He was also handsome, though he lacked the traditional beauty Amziel had. But to Amira, Ten and Amziel were her brothers. She didn't give a damn whether or not they were handsome--they had her back in battle and she had theirs. 

Then there was herself. She was of average height for a female angel but with two very tall angels next to her, she appeared even smaller. Straight black hair down past her shoulders and ordinary brown eyes that only changed in battle. Sometimes, she cursed the archangels for her plain features when she saw the beautiful gray or blue of other angels' eyes.

"Hey." Ten's fingers snapped in front of her face and she jerked back. "If you want to keep your finger, you'll keep them to yourself," she hissed in annoyance.

Instead of being angry or annoyed, Ten grinned. "Where were you just then?"

Amira shrugged. "I was just thinking about how many hordes we have to fight," she said. It was partly true. She was worried about how much more her Warfire could rage. After battling so many hordes of hungry killers, she was getting tired. She wondered how much Warfire the others had in them.