Chapter Eight: Domestic Violence

Annabelle's P.O.V

"Morning," I say to everyone when I come downstairs for breakfast. "Morning, sweetie," my mother says in her angelic voice. "Go, make a cup of Black Coffee," Father commands. Mother stands up and says, "Okay."

And leaves, in the middle of her breakfast. Yes, I know my mother is going through domestic violence, but I can't do anything, not even get help from the police since Father is the second most feared mafia of Russia. Yes, I'm Russian. I can also speak in Russia's official language, which is Russian.

In the middle of my breakfast, Father says, "Cal wants to take you to a party, so get ready at 6:00 Pm sharp."

I move my hair strand at the back of my ear. "Okay, Father," I say.

"Here's your coffee," Mother says. Father takes a sip of his coffee and spits it on the floor. "This is what you call a coffee? Even a child can make a better coffee than yours!" Father shouts.

"I can make it again if you want," I keep on looking at the scene in front of my eyes. "I don't have time for your foolishness," Father says.

My father says, "Come over here right now."

She goes to him, and he nods towards her hand. She then extends her hand towards him. He picks up the boiling hot coffee and gushes it on her palm.

My mother yelps and falls on the ground.

"Stop acting, and stand up. It's just a coffee not a lava," Father shouts and throws the coffee mug on the floor.

The sound of glass shattering makes Mother move further away from Father. Father walks to Mother and snatches a fist of her hair. "Huh, is my love scared of me?"

Mother tries to push him, but he doesn't let go.

He picks her up and starts taking her away, but Mother tries to get out of grasp. Mother begs, "Let me go, please. Please, William." Then the voices get maffled. This isn't the first time. Domestic violence keeps on happening to Mother by Father. It's hard for me to watch  Mother get beaten and then used for my father's anger. I can't do anything, and I know that, but sometimes I wish that things were different. That maybe I could take Mother, Lucas, and Karen somewhere safe where no one could hurt them.

Father has even abused Mother sexually in front of me. The scene in front of me a few seconds ago was abuse. But when sexual abuse happens it's like Father forcefully kissing, using her as he pleases, and raping her..... no I shouldn't talk about that.

Cal is coming early, so Lucas said to come downstairs, and then get ready.

"Would you Like a cup of coffee or tea?" My mother asks Cal. "Coffee, please," my mother nods and is about to leave when I say, "Mother, why don't you take some rest, and I can make the coffee. Right, Lucas?"

Lucas nods, and then I try to focus on her body looking for any bruises. I found many handprints on her body, but I'm sure no one saw them because she had hidden them. If you look closely, then you can see several bruises and marks. I don't want to talk about what marks are those from, but I can tell even Lucas can tell how did she get them.

My mother says, "Thank you, Annabelle, and Cal, please excuse me."

Cal nods, and I leave to make a cup of coffee, but then My body gets tense when I remember the morning scene.

I make Cal a strong cup of Black Coffee, and give it to him. I notice that Lucas isn't here. Cal sips his coffee, and his emotionless face still stays the same.

"Go, get ready," he says in a monotone way. I stand up and leave to get ready. When I am done, I go to the mirror to check how I look. The dress is mid-thigh, and it's jet black with full tight sleeves, and it's off-shoulder. It was gifted to me by my mother.

I go downstairs again and say, "I'm ready." Cal keeps looking at my body up and down, and comes to me and holds my arm harshly, and then hisses, "What the fuck are you wearing?"

"Cal, stop it's hurting," I whisper.

"Go, and change I'm not taking a slut with me at the party," he shouts and throws me on the floor.

I don't know where I got the courage to shout at him, "If you think I'm a slut, then why are you marrying me?"

He holds my arm again, and threatens, "Go, and change before I do something that might hurt you more than this light hold."

I don't say anything to him. He takes my arm and pulls me upstairs. He takes me to my room and throws me on the bed.

Cal holds his hand up and slaps me so hard that the noise echos in my room. "Go!" He shouts.

I nod and go to my closet, pick a normal white dress that is knee-length.I change in my toilet and hide my bruise on the cheek with concealer since I didn't put much makeup.

I come out and show it to Cal. He nods and stands up from the red cushion chair. Cal was about to leave, but I hold his arm. He looks back, and he raised an eyebrow. If I'm marrying him then, I have to get used to his ways.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. He nods and yanks my hand away from his arm. Cal brings his mouth close to my ear and wraps his arm on my waist.

He whispers, "No, one is allowed to see you in that kind of clothes except me." I nod.

We get out of the Black Jeep, and I notice the mansion is utterly beautiful.

We walk inside with Cal's hand on my lower back.

I see standing to wait for Cal with whiskey in hand. Cal greets Noah and says,

"Noah are my men here?"

"Yes, they're," he says. Cal nods and then leads me to a group of men. "Hey, what's up, man?" One of the Brown hair with green eyes said. "Good, and meet my fianće, Annabelle," Cal replied causally. Cal then introduced me to everyone in the group. Cal says, "Annabelle, this is Garren." He pointed at the Brown hair, with Blue eyes man. 

"This is Andrew," Cal then points at a man with Black hair and light brown hair. "This is Brett," he points at the last man who has auburn hair with brown eyes and tan skin tone.

"Nice to meet you," I said and smiled.

"They're my college friends," Cal informs. Andrew says, "Hey, bro, she is cute. Treat her nicely. I like this one."

Cal scoffs and holds me tightly that I can't breathe. Everyone nods, and I blush at their intense staring.

"Ah, Look, he's here, and I have been looking for him everywhere," some lady says.

Cal whispers in my ear, "Mrs. Valentine is the one who is throwing the party. Do not speak in front of her unless she asks something." I nod and smile.

"Oh, Mr. Houston. It's so nice to see you, and I see you have brought someone with you," she says to Cal.

"Yes, I have. Please meet my fianće,  Annabelle, and Annabelle this is Mrs. Valentine," Cal introduces.

I extend my hand and shake her hand.I say, "Nice to meet you, Ms.Valentine."

"You too," Ms.Valentine says.

She is an old lady with white hair and fibrant hazelnut eyes. "Excuse me, I have to check on the other guests," she says and leaves.