12

The last bell rang telling everyone school was done. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the library. I have study hall last hour so I'm in the library every day when I'm at school. I walked into the crowded hallway with the other kids that are rushing to get out of the building. 

I walked out of the main doors and stood there to wait for Rachel to pick me up. I looked around the parking lot to see that my mates are standing there looking at me. Probably scared of me for what I did. I took a breath and looked to see if I can find Rachel or anyone else. "Hey, Slut!" I heard Drew yell. I looked at him to see that he was pissed for what I did to his mate. 

I turned and started to run down the sidewalk. "HEY!" He yelled after me. I kept on running as fast as my legs could carry me. Which was fast. I weaved in and out of other people until I got to an empty sidewalk. I looked behind me to see that Drew was right behind me. Trying to get closer to me. 

I looked ahead of me. He chased me for seven more blocks. That's when I saw another school getting out. Six of my marks started to burn when I got closer to the school. I shook my head. Not now. "HEY!" Drew yelled. I looked to see that he wasn't far behind. I accepted those six mates. 

I looked ahead of me. It didn't give me that much time. I ran right into someone. I fell back on my backpack. I looked behind me to see that Drew wasn't too far away. "Shit, I'm sorry." a voice said. I looked to see that the person I ran into. I looked at his wrist to see my name there. I got up to my feet. "You are our mate aren't you." another voice said. I didn't answer him. I looked behind me to see Drew right there. 

"Sorry, about her. She is just into playing tag." Drew said as he harshly grabbed my wrist. I pulled him closer to me. I kneed him int he balls making him let go of me. "Don't touch me." I spat out. "Damn, I like her." another voice said. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I was pulled back to my mates. 

"Why did you do that?" Drew asked. "That was for chasing me," I said. "What." the first voice said. "Well, I was because you broke my mate's nose," Drew said. "Well, then tell your bitch of a mate to leave my friends alone. Then I wouldn't have done that." I said. He got up from the ground. 

"You two are perfect for each other. Bitch perfect for even bigger bitch." I said making one of my mates laugh. "What's going on here?" an older voice asked. I looked to see one of the workers at the school there. "Nothing sir. Just wondering why his creep was chasing me for eight or more blocks until I ran into some of my mates." I said to the teacher. 

"What school are you guys from?" the teacher said. "Seahawks high sir," I answered. "Well, if you........ young man don't leave now then I will call your school and get you expelled." the teacher said. Drew looked at me before running. "BYE!" I yelled at him with a smile on my face. 

The teacher walked away. I took a step away from my mates before turning around. "Sorry, I didn't answer. Yes, I'm your mate." I said. "Wait, did you run all the way here?" one asked. "Yup," I said popping the p. "How are you not tired?" one asked. "Well, I'm in a sport that makes you run and I'm an amazing runner," I answered. 

"What's your name?" the girl asked. "Right, my bad. Skylar....and you guys are." I said. "Jessica........that's Justin, Bryce, Clay, Zach, and Alex." the girl answered while pointing at the others. 

"Nice to meet you all," I said as my phone went off. I looked to see it was Rachel. "I have to take this," I said. I stepped away and answered Rachel. "Hello," I said. 

"Sky, where the fuck are you?" Rachel asked. "I was chased by Drew. I'm standing in front of another school with six more mates." I said. "Well, sorry. I can't come and get you. You'll have to walk." Rachel said before hanging up. 

I shut off my phone and turned around as I put it in my pocket. "Are you okay?" Bryce asked. "Yeah, just my ride can't get me, so," I said. 

"Well, I can give you a ride if you want," Zach said. "Yes, please," I said. Everyone but Zach and Alex walked away. "You two can wait here and I'll bring my car up," Zach said before walking away. 

"So, how old are you?" Alex asked. "Sixteen, you?" I asked. "Eighteen." He answered. "How do you like going to Liberty?" I asked when I saw the name of the school. "It's okay. Nothing like your school," he said making me nod. 

That's when a nice car pulled up. "You can have front." I said as I opened the passenger door. I moved the seat and climbed into the back before putting the seat back into place. 

I put my bag on the side of me before I put on the seatbelt. Alex climbed in and closed the door before doing the same thing. I told Zach my address and he drove away from their school. I grabbed two pieces of paper and wrote my number on them. 

I looked up to see Zach looking back at me. I put the pencil away and looked out the window. "Here you are, my lady," Zach said as he parked the car. Alex climbed out and moved the seat. I handed Zach one of the papers before climbing out. I then gave one to Alex. "Thanks for the ride." I said as Alex climbed back in the car. "See you around," Zach said before he drove off. I looked over at Kelly's house to see that there was a trailer there already. I shook it off and walked to the main door. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. 

"Skylar Rae Doe," Rose said in her mad voice. Shit.