Chapter 17: TᕼE ᗪᗩTE

A/n : don't play this song until da'vontae take her to his " secret place."...

                                     3156 words

Aaliyah POV

"Aaliyah are you there?" Vonte's ask me over the phone while I scavenge through my closet. " yeah" I say outta breath running to the phone on my nightstand. " why are you trippin so hard?"

I let out a breath and chuckle " because nigga, I ain't tryna look all ugly and shit." He laughs at me. " ain't shit funny" I say to myself. " hol on imma FaceTime you". I answer the call and see that he had a " shut up" look on his face. " Aaliyah it's impossible for you to NOT look good, just wear sum dressy and be prepared."

I blush at his words and hide my face. " I know I just wanna look good on your arm" I say while pouting. He rolls his eyes and shoos me off " baby you gon always look good on my arm. You with me, duh."

" Annndd blushing is canceled" . " you lucky I like yo big headed ass". " you know what else is big?" He ask while smirking and licking his lips. I roll my eyes and reply " My dick". He straight faces me and I crack up. " nigga you don't have a dick."

" I wasn't talking about it that way" I think to myself while laughing out loud. He rolls his eyes and breaths out. " alright I'm getting you at eight so be ready." I groan and nod " aye aye captain". We say our goodbyes and hang up.

I go to my closet and start to pick through. " I hate this shit" I say to myself. After ten minutes I finally find a light color dress that I haven't worn since forever. I put it on along with my shoes and turn in the mirror

" I didn't have to eat y'all like this" I say while looking in the mirror

" I didn't have to eat y'all like this" I say while looking in the mirror. I do a few more things before going on my phone while standing. Not long afterwards I hear yelling from my father. " crybaby this clown in a suit is a at my doorstep waiting for you." I laugh and grab my wallet and backpack before closing my room door and heading down the steps. I look and see my dad in a wife beater and plaid draws standing beside Vonte. Who was looking WAY to good to not notice.