"Mate" John started

"Just look at er', like god made her with his bare ands'. You reckon she'll go out with me John? I could loosen her up a bit" and he laughed to himself at the thought of having his way with her.

John gulped as he saw his brother Tommy stood behind Isiah. John knew that his brother was sensitive when it came to the nurse.

"You could always try" Tommy said from behind, a cigarette dangling from his lips.

Isiah turned around with a goofy grin, still ignoring the looks he was getting "You reckon I ave' a shot then Tommy?"

" I said you could try but you won't" Tommy said as he thumped Isiah a little too roughly on the back. Isiah coughed, quickly realising he had overstepped.

Tommy slipped away and left Isiah to burn in his embarrassment with his brothers.

"Fuckin' ell man" Arthur groaned into his whiskey. "Take a hint will ya"

"I didn't know Arthur! Fuck!"

John laughed, completely giddy with his friends embarrassment. "That was brilliant, truly was"

—-
Tommy was heading back to the betting den when he suddenly felt the urge to be as far away from his office. Growling he made his way to see her, he needed to see her. Isiah had rubbed him the wrong way and he needed to prove this to himself.

As he stood in front for her door he questioned whether this was another mistake. Anyone close to him right now was at risk and pulling her in was like putting the gun to her head.

Closing his eyes he lifted his hand to her door and knocked.

A few moments later she opened the door to him.

As soon as the door opened and he saw her there he instantly changed his mind. Whether it was the way her hair framed her delicate face when it was down or her soft looking lips, he knew that he couldn't drag her in.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her hand reaching out for him. The way her eyes darkened when she was worried was mesmerizing.

"Nothing" and he shook her off.  "When you get the file on Polly's daughter send it my way. Id of said earlier but you ran off" and he blew smoke out of the side of his mouth to avoid her.

Amelia rolled her eyes at him "Yes sir" she mocked "anything else I can do for you?" And he didn't like the inflection or her tone. Amelia was losing patience for his demanding ways.

Tommy smirked, she was always so fiery with him. Most women in Small Heath would cower or try to seduce him but she cut straight to the chase.

It was then when he realised he wasn't going to be able to walk away. Ignoring the voice in his head he pushed passed her and entered her house. Nobody would of seen this, he was certain he was careful.

As soon as he heard the front door click he rounded on her and pulled her in, he was quick as he pressed his lips to hers. The tension he felt in his body left as he pushed her against the door, his hands slipped to her waist.

Amelia stepped right into sync with him but this time she bit at his bottom lip, the need to hurt him only a little. It only spurred him on and his hands went to the back of her hair and he pulled slightly.

Tommy felt her hands on his face and he marveled at her delicate touch but he couldn't match it. The need for more was too strong.