Day 1[Edited]

Sky's POV

Kisuke woke me up early in the morning. I wasn't ready to start training, in fact I wanted to go right back to sleep. He pushed me out of my body with a sharp move to the stomach. I blinked and looked back at my body, touching my torso. Weird. Kisuke  grinned at me. I'm solid...but my body is over there.

"What did you do exactly?"I asked. He grinned slightly and pointed at me.

"Now you're in your soul form,"Kisuke told me. He gestured to my body. "That's your body of course. It's easier to remove it, when you learn to on your own. I'll teach you that later." I blinked.

"That's able to be taught?"I murmured, disbelieving. He hummed at me. He crossed his arms.

"Well, it's time to start the first stage of training. Put your zanpakuto over there!"He told me, waving his hand at a shelf. I placed it there, confused as to why he didn't want me to use it, but not questioning him about it. Kisuke nodded at me. "Ok. Follow me." I walked after him down a long staircase inside of a trap door. The staircase lead to a strange looking place. It was full of rocks and an open sky, where clouds floated by in small white puffs. The place was humongous, too huge to be the simple basement of a shop.

"What the fuck is this?"I asked, deadpanning. Kisuke chuckled at my question and expression. I rose an eyebrow.

"My training grounds. Mr. Tessai built it himself!"Kisuke explained, and he pointed his cane at a big man sitting on a rock. Jinta and Ururu were sitting beside him. I frowned. One guy built all of this? I wondered. "Now, the first stage of training is self defense in your soul form." I blinked as I listened to him. He moved to the side and leaned his cane up against a rock, turning back to me. "You have to learn to fight without the sword, before you can have the sword. That's the way it's always been. It's easier to learn by experience, but training comes first." He jumped over to me with incredible speed, and swung his hand at me. I barely dodged him, almost getting hit in my surprise at his sudden attack. 

"Good, good! I was sure I would hit you, but your reflexes were fast." I sighed and got into a stance of sorts. Not a very good one, but one enough to at least show him I was ready. He grinned. "Perfect. Alright. If you can knock my hat off with your bare hands, we'll move to using your zanpakuto." I narrowed my eyes at him. In a blur, he lashed out at me and I jumped up. In the air, I back flipped and landed back on the ground in a handstand. I surprised him by swiping his feet out from under him with my own feet quickly, and hopped back up into my normal stance. He fell back on his butt, sitting there in surprise and blinking up at me. He didn't say anything, still sort of confused about what had just happened.

"Woah! Kisuke! She knocked you right off your feet!"Shouted Jinta. I stood there starring at him, ready for another attack. I spotted Ulquiorra at that moment. Was he always there? I wondered. Ulquiorra was perched on a rock a little ways away, observing all my movements. I snorted. He looks like a bird. It felt weird with his gaze on me, almost as if he was judging me but at the same time, gazing at me with other emotions. Ulquiorra didn't even acknowledge my look when I shot him one, and I huffed, returning my attention to Kisuke.

"Nice move. Who taught you?"Kisuke asked me. I shrugged and put a hand on my hip. That's a stupid question, I'd know some moves at least. I snorted at him.

"I taught myself. I am a woman after all, I need some sort of training,"I replied. I hadn't ever needed a teacher for self defense. All it took was reading some books and practicing moves. Then there was also the fact that I enjoyed Mortal Kombat and Tekken. "I would need to know something in this world. What with rapists and men that target females only." Kisuke nodded, accepting my answer, and he stood back up, brushing himself off. He moved his right foot back, getting in his own stance. Right side dominant. For a little bit, Kisuke launched moves at me. I either reciprocated or dodged, impressing him each time. Eventually I moved in such a way, my fingertips knocked his hat off.