prologue.

-A year later.-

Selena Gomez was talking to her friend Raquelle at her house when she heard a knock on the front door. She got up and opened the door to see her ex-boyfriend Justin standing in the porch.

"Hey," She said.

"Hi, can I come in?" He asked nervously.

She stepped aside to let him in, as he entered with a soft smile. He waved to Raquelle, returned the gesture before leaving after giving Selena a hug.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I want to talk about us," He said.

"There's nothing to talk about," She said quietly.

"Yes, there is. I'm sorry for hurting you and being a terrible partner during our relationship. I want you back, Sel," Justin pleaded.

"You can't expect me to forgive you and let you back into my life after how our relationship ended. I won't let you hurt me again. I can't risk getting my heartbroken once more," She said.

"Please, take me back. I can't bear not holding you, kissing you, or making love to you. You're everything to me," He said.

Selena looked at him with disgust and shook her head in annoyance. She couldn't believe he had the audacity to come here and try to get back together after causing their breakup and needed to resist his charms.

"Just stop, okay?! I don't want to get back together with you. I told you at the party that this isn't going to happen and you need to get over it," She said, rolling her eyes.

"Please, just give me another chance. I promise I won't hurt you ever again. I feel terrible about how things ended between us, and you don't deserve that," He said.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't deserve to be treated like that by you or anyone else. I'm sorry, but the answer is still a firm no," She said.

His heart shattered at her words, and he looked at her in disbelief. He hadn't expected this reaction from her, couldn't understand why she wasn't giving in to him.

Justin's gaze fell to the floor, his face filled with shame as he reflected on his actions during their break

Justin's gaze fell to the floor, his face filled with shame as he reflected on his actions during their break. He had found someone else, his ex-girlfriend, and wasted no time in dating her again.

Within just two months of their break, he had even gotten engaged to her. The weight of his choices hung heavily on him.

Meanwhile, Selena was left devastated by the turn of events. However, she had her fiancé by her side, providing her with some solace.

Determined not to let history repeat itself, she knew she had to be strong and close this painful chapter in order to move forward with her life. As Justin frowned deeply, running a hand through his hair, Selena nervously bit her lip, rocking back and forth on her feet.

Their eyes met and he let out a sigh. He shook his head in resignation.

"Selena, I want you to know that I will always love you, and that won't ever change on my end. I respect that this is your final decision." He said.

"Thank you for that. Have a good night Justin." Selena replied, her voice tinged with a mix of gratitude and sadness.

"Good night. Your welcome." He responded, his tone tinged with a hint of regret.

With those words, Justin walked out of the door, leaving Selena to sigh heavily as she closed it behind him. She made her way to the couch, sinking into its comforting embrace.

A small smile played on her lips as she heard footsteps approaching. She turned her head towards the sound, her eyes lighting up with joy.

Eugenia walked into the living room, her presence bringing a sense of warmth and love. Selena couldn't help but smile, leaning in to kiss her softly.

In that moment, as they sat together on the couch, Selena knew that she had found her true happiness, her fiancé by her side. She smiled.

"Sel, you made the right choice," She said.

"Thank you. I'm going to bed,"  She replied.

"You're welcome. Have a good night, baby,"  She said, kissing her forehead and smiling as she walked into the bedroom.

Eugenia leaned back on the couch, frowning and sighing. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

She started biting her lip. She was genuinely concerned about her fiancé.

She knew Selena despised lying and worried about the consequences if she discovered her true profession. Eugenia decided not to interfere, as it could potentially create more problems for them.

She made her way to the bedroom and entered, closing the door behind her. Climbing into bed, held Selena in her arms as they drifted off to sleep.

------