"So, how's school treating you so far?" Zayn asked, casually lifting one leg over the other, shifting a little closer to me. Although, it might be my illusion because its too subtle.

"Good, it's a good school,"

What even am I speaking right now?

"Yeah, it is." he agreed, taking out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans.

I smiled, looking up at the fairy lights.

"Who did you come with here?" Zayn asked, looking at the lights as well.

"Oh, Umm, Nichole and Andrea."

"Ohkay," he nodded thoughtfully.

"Hey, do you-" he started to say but got cut off by his phone ringing.

His ringtone was Harry Potter's theme song.

I smiled, hearing the familiar tune. He looked at me confusingly at first, but then realised and smiled back, looking a little embarrased.

"Excuse me," he whispered, already picking up the phone.

He didn't get up, just smiled at me.

He smiles a lot, unlike Harry. That boy just smirks, not that it looks any less attractive.

"Hey," he said on the phone.

I looked over at the girls taking selfies who were now joined by a few guys as well.

"Yeah, I am in the backyard... No... Oh, okay... Yeah." he quickly dismissed whoever was in the phone.

"Violet, do you mind if some of my friends join us?"

"No, not at all,"

YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

OH GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE COME AND RESCUE ME.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Zayn asked, suddenly sounding very sincere.

I looked confusingly at him.

"Nothing,"

I didn't speak all that out loud, did I?

"You have this weird expression on your face, like you have tasted something sour.." he said this like a question and then chuckled.

I forced a laugh out at that.

"Hey, Zayn!" A high pitched voice suddenly shouted.

We both turned around to see the source of the voice.

A skinny short brunnete guy was walking towards us, he had a sassy smirk on his face, his hands casually tucked in his jean pocket as he walked towards us with an aura of fun.

"Hey Louis," Zayn smiled up at him, eventually getting up from his spot and doing a manly handshake and half hug type of thing.

"Meet Violet, she just joined the school a few days earlier than me." Zayn said, looking at me.

"Hey there, Nice to meet you, love!" He smiled brightly at me, forwarding his hand out for me to shake.

Before I could say anything in reply, I heard my name being shouted at a distance.

I turned around to find Nichole and Andrea and a few other people I didn't know standing at the other side of pool, Nichole waving at me with a smile. She was drunk, certainly.

"Come here!" Andrea said, looking at us and then glancing behind me.

I turned around to face Zayn and Louis who were looking back at them too.