1

Scotty POV
Me and the boys are getting to play baseball today. It's been 2 years since I've moved here and we are still all best friends. Benny is now 16 years old and he is awesome at baseball. I'm now 14 years old but I've gotten better.
I didn't know how to tell the guys that I had to leave early. We have to get a cousin or something like that from the airport. Mom won't tell me who she or he is but she made there room. I hope it's a guy so they can play baseball with me and the guys.
Me and Benny were walking to the field and it was hot. It was summer finally but I'm gonna miss school. We got to the field and was the first one as ever.
"Hey Smalls we still on for to cook out tonight," Benny say turning to me.
"Oh yeah my mom said we are still in but my cousin is coming in today," I say and I look down. "I'm gonna have to leave early from practice to go with my parents to get them from the airport," I say and Benny didn't show emotion.
"Oh that's cool it's fine small," he say and I smile some. "What time you leaving?" He say.
"I gotta be home by 2 and then the cook out is still at 6," I say and he smiles. The whole team was gonna have a huge cookout at my house tonight. I was worried they might not like my cousin maybe they won't know how to play baseball and they would make fun of them.
"Hey let's base up," Benny yells and we all run to our spots. I kept an eye on my clock and once it hit 1:45 I had to leave.
"Hey Benny I gotta go, see y'all at 6!" I yell and they all wave. I ran home and changed and then jumped in the car.
"Oh I can't wait to see them, they left about 6 years back but 3 years back there father passed away. Man I tell you there father could play some baseball. They don't have baseball in Australia do they?" My mom say to Bill.
"I don't think so," he say.
"I don't remember if they played before or not I don't really remember," she say and I kinda gulped. I still don't know if it a girl or boy tho. "Oh yeah the cook out is still on," my mom say and I nod.
We pulled up to the air port and got out. We walked inside and looked around for someone I didn't know. I heard my mom squeal and then she took of running. I looked in her direction and couldn't see who she was hugging. Once I got a view I saw it was a girl with long blonde hair and was pretty tall. She wasn't my age she was older. Maybe Benny age at least.
"Scotty this is Bailey," my mom say. "Your cousin," she say.
"Nice to meet you Scotty," she say and I smile.
"Nice to meet you," I say and she smiles.
"How the time change?" Bill say.
"Awful I'm so tired," she say and we laugh.
"You can take a nap when we get you home now come on we gotta cook out," my mom say and she grabs her bags and we walk out. We got in the car and it was quiet some.
"So what do y'all do for fun," she say.
"Oh scotty plays baseball almost everyday with his friends," my mom say.
"Oh my gosh I love baseball. Me and dad played in the back yard everyday and would have games," she say and I smile. "I don't know if I was any good tho," she say looking out the window.
"Girl your raised by your father of course your good," my mom say and she laugh some.
————
Thanks for reading
Follow on insta
@the._.future_husband