Chapter 12: Blood

I'm deep in thought as I sit on what will be my bed throughout my time in Hell.

Why was Crowley being so weird? He avoided a direct question, and, not to mention, saved my ass. That's unlike him.

I sigh, grabbing the remote that's located on the nightstand that's next to my bed.

Time for some Netflix.

With how little I have to do here when Crowley's not around, I have a feeling Netflix and I will be getting a lot closer throughout this afterlife.

I decide to watch (your favorite movie). It's been a while since I've seen it, and I feel like a trip down memory lane.

I search up the movie, click on it, and press play.

I smile as it starts. God, I've missed this absolute gem of a film. I get under the covers of my new bed and get comfy, ready for a good time.

***

The movie is about halfway over when I hear a loud bang.

I raise an eyebrow and pause the movie, wanting to listen to see if the noise happens again.

There's no more bangs, but I do hear voices. And me, being the nosy person that I am, creep up to the door to my room and open it a crack so that I can hear what the voices are saying.

"What do you mean you don't have them?!" Crowley's voice hisses.

Ooh, I'm intrigued. Maybe I can get to the bottom of why he's been acting so strangely.

"Um..," an unfamiliar voice squeaks out nervously, "the hospital workers dug into our history and they found out that we didn't work there like we said we did... They denied us access to the blood bags and threw us out..."

"Perfect," Crowley growls. "So you know what you can do? Go to another hospital. And get me the God damn blood!" His voice rises in intensity during the last few words.

Blood? Just typical human blood? Why the hell would he need that?

"Sir, the same thing could happen—" the other voice begins, but Crowley cuts him off.

"Does it look like I care?!" Crowley snaps. "Get the blood for as long as you can and then move on to another hospital! It's not that hard!"

"Your Majesty, please excuse me for saying this, but I think it'd be best if you quit," the unfamiliar voice says nervously. "The blood is affecting how you rule and it's all you can think about... This addiction should be stopped..."

"You don't know the first thing about what's best," Crowley spits angrily. "Last time I checked, I'm the one with infinite powers, and I'm the one that can make you explode with a little snap. So, if you'd like to walk out of here unscathed, I suggest that you satisfy my needs and get the blood for me! I'm on my last bag, and if you don't have more for me by the time I use it all up, the unimaginable will happen to you!"

   Wait a minute. Is Crowley like...a junkie? To blood? Why? What high could it give him?

There's a bit of silence, and then the unfamiliar voice sighs defeatedly and says, "I'm on it, sir."

   "These bloody demons are useless," Crowley mumbles to himself. I then hear the sound of him walking, the sound of a door opening following.

   I open my bedroom door and poke my head out, seeing that Crowley's office's door is open. Rustling noises come from inside, so I know that he's in there.

   Some weird motivation to know what he's doing and why carries me out of my bedroom and stops me right beside his door. A perfect spot. I'm invisible to him, but everything he's doing can be heard. I wonder if he's gonna do something with the blood that he keeps mentioning.