“Well am I wrong?” The shorter male quickly snapped, Last night was still bothering him. Kiri’s cold personality frustrated him, Compassion should be shown even when people have been killed, Not just focus on making the rest stop.

Kyoko frowned, Ignoring his remark while drinking from her travel mug. The taste of green tea reaching her lips brought ease to her mind. The heavy bags under her eyes hang heavy with restlessness.

“Not at all, It’s a good theory to go on for now. I believe the next step is to track whatever strands of evidence we can collect, But perhaps scale every nook and cranny of the usual places people are attacked?” 

This caught Magaths attention as he looked up from the many monitors scattered on his desk.

“My superior would approve of such a thing, Except I don’t. With Togami busy rehabilitating Genocider Syo, And any others either on different cases or on leave due to fear for their own lives, Are you up to the task of putting your life on the line just to catch someone or multiple people?” He asked, Adjusting his glasses.

“Yes.” Both said in unison while exchanging glances. 

While both inside regretted their actions towards each other last night, The role given to them was more important than disagreements on anything.

“Glad to hear it, I do hope you two got along last night.” 

Naegi let out a nervous chuckle.

“We got along just fine, Sir.” Kyoko muttered, Lavender eyes turned towards her cup.

“That’s wonderful to hear, Then I’m sure you won’t mind what I have to ask next?” 

“Of course.” Naegi said with a grin, Adjusting his tie as his feet shuffled nervously on the floor.

“And you?” 

Kyoko remained silent before nodding, Setting her cup down and sliding her hands into her pockets. 

“If it’s an order, Just say so. Why even bother asking?” 

He raised a brow, She obviously wasn’t back talking. That was her dedication to this organization talking.

“Very well, I’ve sent a few things to your household seeing as your new partner here still has family who could easily be suspects. The package should contain things to collect blood samples as well as a polaroid camera for you to collect pictures to hang rather than simply swipe through a phone. Another thing is a change of clothing, Dressed looking like a normal woman eager to sell something or working from an office will only draw suspicion when out in public.”

“Wait, What do you mean my family could easily be suspects?!” The brunette male blurted.

“Don’t raise your voice, He’s only taking precautions seeing as if you have things such as evidence at your house. Anyone who could possibly be a killer in your household would be eager to not only destroy it, But cover their tracks.” She claimed while crossing her arms.

Both stood in silence before a call came from the phone at Theo’s desk.

“If you two will excuse me, I’d like you to go out into town like normal people and examine the recent spots of activity.”

Both shuffled outside of the office as Naegi whistled softly.

“About last night, I’m sorry for that outburst.” 

“I don’t want to hear it, Makoto. Let’s go ahead and get ready for our small survey. You already have your belongings needed in that suitcase he’d given you. So let's go back to my place and let’s get ready to begin this operation.”