25

"You could've gotten killed!"

I watched Clint pace the room. Every so often he reached back, like he was going for an arrow. I kicked my feet, not attempting to pull out of the side hug Nat had me in. Neither of us tried to say anything, knowing nothing would keep Clint from continuing on his worried tirade.

His hands started moving, doing a mix of different sign languages so he could have two sentences going on at the same time. They were basically the same, based off of the other times this has happened, so I didn't feel bad about ignoring the sign language.

Cool fingers massaged my head. I smiled and leaned back into the touch. A soft hum filled the air; I rolled my eyes.

"Loki, I'm fine."

"Allow me to worry, my love." He kissed my head. "Demigods tend to have harsh lives, and I doubt yours has been made any easier by having the gods wanting you dead, by having your father wanting you dead."

"I'm pretty sure the two of us are chill now. I told him that I forgive him, regardless of whether or not I actually do, because having the god of the seas on your side isn't exactly a bad thing. Hey, Tony."

Tony lifted a hand, before pouring some sort of alcohol into his coffee.

"It's too early for that," Stece said.

Tony rolled his eyes. "I've seen you drink vodka first thing in the morning. You cannot judge me."

"I fought in a war and was almost immediately thrust into fighting aliens, excuse me for trying to drown out my PTSD."

"Like I don't have it from nearly dying."

"Like I don't have it from the Red Room," Nat mumbled.

"Like I don't have it from being mind controlled." Clint shot a glare at Loki before continuing his pacing. "Everyone here has been through severe trauma, but it is too early for alcohol Stark. Especially when we have a girl who had an alcoholic abuse her in the room."

"Clint!"

He shrugged. "It's less of a dramatic pity party than it is a threat and more if a way to-"

"Make sure I know she has no problem with killing me if I so much as thought of acting like that," Loki finished. He draped himself over the couch enveloping me in a lazy hug. Mumbled words left his lips and magic crackled over my skin. "Though Thor would probably kill me first."

"Oh no, we'd kill you first." Nat flicked him. Loki didn't react, holding still until the spell settled. He kissed the top of my head.

I sighed and reached a hand back. Loki dipped his head so I could mess with his hair. "Can you please stop threatening to kill him? I get first dibs on murdering anyone I date."

"That's not how this works. I called dibs on it when I became your supervising officer." Clint said.

"He beat me to it by one second." Nat grumbled.

I continued to mess with Loki's hair, enjoying how soft it was. Within an instant, I felt scales slip across my skin. Loki, now in snake form, curled himself around my neck.

"Go ahead and bet on how long it will take for me to freak out." I said. Heavy footsteps hit the floor as Thor walked in.

"Is that a snake? I love snakes. Do you mind, Lady Percy?"

"Uh, go ahead?"

Thor gently took Loki from me, apparently unaware that it was his brother. "The scales are- Loki!"

Loki laughed and wiggled until he was free of Thor's grasp. "I don't understand why you fall for that." He hopped over the back of the couch. His warmth quickly cooled as he let the magic he used lapse.

"Where'd you get the knife from?" I asked, looking at the one lodged in Thor's shoulder.

"I usually have a few tricks up my sleeve." He tugged at my arm, guiding me to lay against him.

"No funny business on the couch," Steve said, walking back in alongside Bruce. Loki tensed up at the sight of Bruce, drawing me closer. He pressed his face into my neck. I swallowed, trying to ignore the way his breathing hit my neck.

"Jokes on you, Steve, I'm sassy not funny."

"Miss Potts requests Capsicle and Dr Banner join her in the office." Jarvis said. "She would also like me to remind a certain someone of their date tonight."

Tony shot forward, spitting coffee out. "Shit. Jarvis, cancel that meeting I have tonight. Make reservations at someplace Pepper likes." He rushed to the elevator.

"Perhaps we should go on a date sometime," Loki sighed. "Maybe grab some food or at the very least watch a movie together."

"Not without chaperones." Nat said.

"I'm an adult. What I get into on my own is my business." I stuck my tongue out.

"Not when you're dating a guy who killed eighty people in one day. Fury isn't exactly happy, and he's this close to sending the Cavalry to interrogate Loki."

I waved a hand. "I'll talk to him later. Besides, she scares me less than you do, Nat."

"Aw. Did you hear that. Clint? She scared of me. I'm so happy." Nat wiped a fake tear from her eye. "But seriously, you need a chaperone. Especially while we try to figure out who was trying to kidnap you and why. Got it?"

A soft sigh left my lips and I nodded. "I guess I can deal with that.

922

nine two two. Nine two two.

Did I finally update? Yes I did. Have I been trying to get a new book to show up as published for the last few hours, yes.

Now remember. Tell your dad happy Father's Day. Even if they're a crappy dad, he's what you owe you existence to.

Thanks a lot dad.

See yah