22

"Are you awake?" Nat asked.

"No." I mumbled, tightening my grip on her.

"Okay." She ran her fingers through my hair. "Tell me when you are."

We were laying on the couch. I wanted to get more sleep, but the arguing from Loki and Thor kept that from happening. I groaned and pressed my face into her shirt. I didn't fight as I was lifted and Nat was replaced with Clint. He held me on his lap, letting me wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Still tired, chickadee?"

I nodded. I couldn't sleep last night, and not because of a nightmare. It was like every part of me was on high alert. Probably from one of Tony's prototypes blowing up in the lab.

"Is she okay?" Steve asked.

"She didn't sleep last night." Clint rubbed my back. "Neither did Nat after somebody forgot to make sure his stuff was stabilized."

"You're the ones living in my tower rent free." Tony said.

"I was forced to come here." I mumbled. "Nick doesn't take, I don't want to as a reason."

"You didn't even protest." Clint poked me.

"Better than paperwork."

I was about to drift off to sleep, when the elevator opened. I glanced up and saw Nick exit followed by-

My grip on Clint tightened. "They're here." I mumbled.

"Fury, who are they? And forget about it if you're thinking about having them stay."

"Stark, these are Zeus and Poseidon. They approached me and requested your help."

"Help with what?" Nat asked.

"A few years ago, we executed a traitor. Poseidon's daughter. Despite the fact he hasn't had another kid, something he swears on the River Styx is true, we've sensed the same energy. We need you to help us track her down if she's still alive. She's a threat to the world if she continues to live."

"Why is she a traitor?"

"We believe that she played a key part in the deaths of other children by siding with the enemy."

"Okay, cool. What's her name?" Tony asked and I tensed.

"Perseus Jackson, but she goes by Percy."

I could feel Steve, Bruce, and Thor stare at me. I sighed and got up. "You know, you have a lot of nerve."

Their heads turned and my dad and uncle stared at me. I twirled Riptide around my fingers.

"I did everything I could to save them, to save your butts and yet you want to call me a traitor. We don't even call Luke that and he tried to kill me when I was twelve."

Electricity shot towards me and before I could dodge out of the way, a barrier appeared in front of me, absorbing the attack.

"You dare interfere in our affairs?" Zeus glared at Loki.

Loki shrugged. "I am considered a god of mischief so interfering is in my job description."

"You're going to get yourself killed." I mumbled.

"I'm not letting them hurt you."

"Neither are we, chickadee." Clint had his bow out.

"Wow, Barton. Pulling me into it without asking? Rude." Nat rolled her eyes, quickly switching her normal bullets out for Celestial Bronze ones.

"Just to be clear, if you hurt one of my best agents, I'm not going to be happy." Nick pulled out his own gun. "Hill, if I don't respond to you with the codeword in twenty minutes, read the file."

"Hey Thor, can I use your hammer as a lightning rod?"

"I doubt you can-"

"She can lift it, brother." Loki's sweatshirt shifted to his armor. "She took it off of me on Asgard."

"You're Norse?" Zeus asked. He growled and looked away. "As much as I want to finish what we started, I do not want war. We're leaving, brother." He shrank into an eagle and flew out an open window.

Dad sighed. He walked over to me and I tensed. Nat had her gun trained on him. He stopped in front of me and rested a hand on the side of my face. I glared up at him.

His eyes were sad. Leaning down, he kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry, princess."

Then he was gone.

"Okay. What the hell was that?!" Tony yelled.

Everyone looked at me.

"Well, first off. They really should have made sure I was dead when they tried to kill me. That's the first thing I was taught when I became an assassin. Two, those were Greek gods. Three, I'm a demigod and Loki and I are dating. I think that covers everything. I'm going to go lie down." I grabbed Loki's hand and rushed to his room, locking the door behind us.

"I am going to get murdered." Loki groaned.

Laughing I jumped onto his bed. "I won't let them hurt you. I have powers and I'm fully capable of using them."

"Powers such as?"

"Remember when I threw that bottle at you and it hit you really hard? I can control water. Poseidon's my dad, so that shouldn't be hard to guess. Now cuddle."

"Why didn't you tell me you're a demigod?"

"I was scared. If you knew, then they could have found me. When I healed you, that must have given me away. Though I'm surprised they backed down that easily."

Not to mention my dad.

Loki laid down and pulled me to his chest. I relaxed.

As we laid there, I listened to his steady heartbeat. It took a little bit for me to say anything else.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you too, snowflake."

It's been a while and I go back to school tomorrow

Yay taking college classes as a senior

How'd you like it?

And...

See yah