Chapter 7: Stacey

En başından başla

"Well I'm glad you still fix us in,in that busy schedule of yours" he remarked.

"Come on Dad, I visit here like almost everyday" I defended.

"Not lately, I wonder if it's because your in laws are in town" he stated making me laugh.

"Dad Antonio and I are not married. I assure you i his parents are not the reason why I haven't been dropping by" I explained.

"And why haven't you been dropping by, was it because my sister was I town" he asked.

"You know very well I don't get along with anyone from your family,this house feels crowed especially now your brother is coming over" I answered.

"Oh come on princess you make it sound as if no one in the family loves you, your uncle is coming over to spend time with you" he defended. I laughed.

"He's not coming for me but for my friends, because he gets treated like royalty when he's seen with them. He just uses me to get to them" I corrected.

"Princess that's not nice of you, I'm sure this time he's coming for you"he defended.

" who else is coming "I asked.

" your mom's sister, Dorothy "he answered. I gave him a fake smile.

" is your house a hotel now "I asked.

" no,my brother is coming here for business and your aunt is coming here to visit your Mom"he explained.

"Oh sure, she's just  as worse as uncle" I stated to my self.

"What was that" dad asked.

"I said I have to go help Mom, I'm sure she's ready to head to the mall. Bye dad" I said then walked away.

I really tried getting alone with my relatives but they just got on my nerves. Why was I the only one trying to get along with them, I was the only one who made an effort.

Antonio told me I shouldn't try so much to force myself on them and if they didn't want to get to know me I should let them be. Anyway in have no problems with my cousins,some of my aunts and grandmother. But like 50%of the family saw me as a burden.

I got downstairs and found Mom having a cup of coffee.

"You dome talking to your dad" she asked.

"Yeah, we mostly just talked about him wanting me to continue forcing myself on your relatives" I remarked.

"Come on Isabel,they are your family to try to understand them. It was hard to accept the fact you are still alive" she explained.

"No they find it hard to accept the fact that I'm your daughter, let's not talk about that let's go to the mall" I stated.

"Of course" she agreed with a smile.
_______

"I'm felt like buying theste corn flakes but your dad doesn't like how crunching they are but I feel like trying something new" Mom spoke as she pushed the cart forward towards the car.

"Mom you should have just bought them" I stated.

"No, I think everything we bought is enough" she stated.

She opened the car's trank and we began loading the stuff in the car. The underground parking lot was deserted with was surprising but I didn't think much about it. When we finished loading the car we were about to get in when about four men surrounded me and Mom.

"What may I help you with" Mom asked.

One of them pulled out a gun and aimed it at us. Mom gasped then hide me behind her.